Anj's Housing Development.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
12-06-2016, 05:18 PM
RE: I hate to have to ask...we need help.
We are having quite a storm right now. I suppose it's a good test for the window repairs/replacements from Thursday...glad all the sealant had time to set.

We haven't found any new roof leaks...this time.

The fence has been repaired and resealed.

Now if they would just come on with the interior work. I don't think my wish that things will be done by my birthday is going to come true...only 16 days left for that to happen.

But some progress has been made. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post
12-06-2016, 07:22 PM
How much this time?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
12-06-2016, 08:34 PM
(12-06-2016 07:22 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  How much this time?

We are still working off the original insurance estimate...need ceiling and wall repairs, painting, and new floors. The crews are so busy that it's hard to get on the schedule...I am thinking I am going to have to raise some hell this week with the contractor.

I get that glass for windows was in short supply and the weather has not been helpful but it's time to get in here and get this house fixed. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

12-06-2016, 08:48 PM
At least the exterior repairs (and re-repairs) are under control. Now that the work has proven to be water tight, I'd make sure they don't just rush through too quickly with the interior. You don't want to give them an excuse to cut corners and end up with more shoddy work to be redone. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-06-2016, 08:54 PM
(12-06-2016 08:48 PM)kim Wrote:  At least the exterior repairs (and re-repairs) are under control. Now that the work has proven to be water tight, I'd make sure they don't just rush through too quickly with the interior. You don't want to give them an excuse to cut corners and end up with more shoddy work to be redone. Shy

Yeah, I know. I would just like to have the bedroom back and have my stuff back where it belongs. This is two months of chaos and disorder. Sadcryface

12-06-2016, 09:30 PM
(12-06-2016 08:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:22 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  How much this time?

We are still working off the original insurance estimate...need ceiling and wall repairs, painting, and new floors. The crews are so busy that it's hard to get on the schedule...I am thinking I am going to have to raise some hell this week with the contractor.

I get that glass for windows was in short supply and the weather has not been helpful but it's time to get in here and get this house fixed. Undecided

It's almost as if Mother Nature is trying to get rid of Texas.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
15-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Well the living room, kitchen, and master bedroom are pretty much empty. The dogs and the cat are a bit confused.

The sheetrock and paint crew is supposed to be here in the morning to get started. For the better part of the next two weeks we will be living in one small room, a hallway, and a bathroom - basically a small hotel room. We still haven't quite worked out where the big parrot is going to be...probably in the garage.

At least the crew agreed to work around the couch - moving it as necessary. It's been my bed for over two months. I really didn't want to have to sleep in the recliner.

I am so ready to get this done.

I sent an estimate in for repairs that need to be done to the pool due to all the debris messing up the pump and filtration. I really expected that insurance would pay maybe a quarter of it since it's so old. Found out today they are paying the entire estimated amount! A man is supposed to be here tomorrow to replace all the valves and do some other piping. Thankfully, it won't turn into a swamp now.

I will get pictures as we go along.

[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
16-06-2016, 05:25 PM
This morning...

[Image: ceiling_zpsdadi33jx.jpg]

[Image: kitchen%20windows_zpsrn3ftdvj.jpg]

[Image: kitchen_zpsf80qiyly.jpg]

This afternoon...I kind of feel like we are in an isolation center...

[Image: stairs%20covered_zpsosql3lui.jpg]

[Image: kitchen%20covered_zpsusntqhva.jpg]

[Image: living%20room%20plastic%201_zpsdege3nck.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Looks like you are moving right along.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
16-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Hugs....

That's all I got....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces