Anj's Housing Development.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
18-07-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: I hate to have to ask...we need help.
We are still making progress. We need some blinds and pictures need to be hung and other odds and ends done but we do have a functional living room now.

Entryway with new lighting. We still need to replace the door and as soon as we can find four matching window blinds we will get those up too.

[Image: entryway_zpsjnh1e5ip.jpg]

[Image: Living%20room%202_zps7ldhehnt.jpg]

[Image: Living%20room%201_zpsx5imlt1e.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post
18-07-2016, 10:44 AM
(18-07-2016 10:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  We are still making progress. We need some blinds and pictures need to be hung and other odds and ends done but we do have a functional living room now.

Entryway with new lighting. We still need to replace the door and as soon as we can find four matching window blinds we will get those up too.

I'm glad to see the kitty approves.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-07-2016, 10:47 AM
(18-07-2016 10:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  We are still making progress. We need some blinds and pictures need to be hung and other odds and ends done but we do have a functional living room now.

Wow. I like the entry way colors.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Yes, Blue approves...he was the first one to test the furniture.

I also like the entryway colors. It turned out nice. Smile

The end tables don't quite match everything else but they were my dad's and they weren't damaged so I plan to keep them.

Once the touchup painting is done in the kitchen we will move the table and chairs back in. Remaining work is on the outside and in the garage so that won't be as disruptive.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-07-2016, 09:40 PM
RE: Anj's Housing Development.
Your house looks gorgeous. I love it

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
19-07-2016, 10:50 PM
(19-07-2016 09:40 PM)izel Wrote:  Your house looks gorgeous. I love it

Thank you. Other than the floor we have made really minor changes since we have the chance. The colors in the living room and entryway are almost exactly what we had there before.

The kitchen is a couple shades lighter than it was before but still pretty close to the same color it was. We don't get quite as much natural light in the kitchen as we thought we would so the greens I chose were a little too dark. It's better now.

We really aren't changing any pictures or other décor...just a little rearranging and maybe putting out less.

22-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Front siding on second floor and shingles being removed and replaced with siding only.

[Image: Siding%20removal_zpsfhw6lhtg.jpg]

Decided to rearrange the living room a bit.

[Image: Fireplace1_zps9ac9wyz8.jpg]

[Image: LR%20rearrange_zpseqzwkqsh.jpg]

No more couch in the kitchen. Moved Zeus back in there so he can chatter at Chewy. Still need the blinds rehung...we are getting there a little at a time.

[Image: Kitchen%20table_zpsfjwtivro.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
23-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Almost home again!

Upper floor siding is on...still need some exterior paint. Some touchup painting and one light fixture no one can figure out how to reach. Then the whole inside of the garage will be redone.

[Image: Paint%20and%20trim%20then%20done._zpsj8co0dp7.jpg]

Entryway alcove stuff...things from grandparents' farms and my 'when pigs fly' Mexican folk art.

[Image: Entrywayfarmstuff_zps9o0jfc9z.jpg]

[Image: When%20pigs%20fly%20entryway_zpsxtywqq6n.jpg]

Blinds up in the kitchen!

[Image: Blinds%20in%20the%20kitchen_zps6az9vire.jpg]

Thank you, thank you again...all of you! We couldn't have gotten all this done without your help. Heart

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
23-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Glad to see your house back together again Anj. Very happy for you. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
12-08-2016, 08:57 AM
More progress and a setback this week and last.

The exterior of the house has been repainted. The holes in the garage ceiling and walls fixed...there will be some touchup done next week. New garage door in place that doesn't look like someone took a sledge hammer to it.

Upper wall in kitchen repainted.

Today the POD in the driveway will be emptied so they can come pick it up on Tuesday so we can stop paying for it.

AC died but was replaced yesterday...luckily financing was available for that.

After tromping around on the lower roof to remove, replace, and paint the front of the house there are some shingles that have to be replaced...luckily we have shingles left over from the original roof repair.

Four months since the hail storm that wrecked our house and cars. We are finally getting everything back in order.

Thanks again to everyone! Heart

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post