Anj's Housing Development.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-04-2016, 05:13 PM
RE: I hate to have to ask...we need help.
You guys are so great. Thank you Dom for the bump. There are a couple people who have offered to send money in ways other than through the gofundme site. It all helps and is appreciated.

We did actually see the sun today though more rain and storms are on the way. The roofers were back to do more tarping on the roof...I just hope it's enough.

The mayor finally stated he would waive some permit fees after several messages sent to make sure we pay them. I imagine the Facebook page was blown up enough to get him to look at things differently. Someone also posted the link to the Texas Department of Insurance to file complaints. My son's first claim is still not complete. Undecided And he is on claim three. We may luck out with only two.

My morning started with Ziggy deciding to take a swim...Weeping My other dogs hate the water. Ziggy is fine...I figure I will be in a padded room soon. Sadcryface

You guys are the best. Love to all...every one of you. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
19-04-2016, 05:36 PM
(19-04-2016 07:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 05:46 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You are loved and appreciated Anjele.

Please note, my mind is currently clear. Wink

At least I hope so. Smile

So are you amigo Smile

It all went downhill from there.

Sent text messages to the wrong people..... La di da. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
19-04-2016, 08:49 PM
I for one used non--electronic means. The wife is not on board with atheism.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
20-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Bump. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-04-2016, 12:35 PM
C'mon, peeps. I know for a fact that Anj has helped others but now it's her turn to get some.

That's how community works. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
20-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Thank you to all of you for letting me rant and whine without getting me banned for spamming or just being a pain in the ass in general.

I am actually kind of surprised that I haven't had a meltdown over this yet but I think the reason is that I have all of you to talk to. Getting it out was very helpful...kept me from curling up into the fetal position.

You guys are the best. Smile

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post
22-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Update...

The insurance adjuster and the contractor just left. We really got lucky with our adjuster...he's the same guy that was here the first time.

We will have to have to have new decking and roof. Because of the holes in the roof all the insulation will be replaced. New ceilings in the living room kitchen, bedroom, and garage...as well some miscellaneous patching. Walls will be replaced or repaired and repainted in all those rooms as well as new baseboards. New lights on the ceiling. New carpet in the bedroom, hall, and stairs. New flooring in the living room and hallway downstairs. New garage door. A lot of new windows and repairs on others.

Major fence repair...luckily not a full replacement. The ceiling over patio will be replaced as it's all bowed in from the rain. The shed around the pool pump will be repaired. He is allowing us to get a POD so we can store things as we move around the house with repairs.

He is sending me a spreadsheet so I can list personal items like the things in the yard, bedroom drapes, and bedding.

He is also allowing for our labor with regard to the cleanup of water and glass and carpet removal. Other people demanded companies to come in and do those things. We did the work ourselves.

He said to get someone out to check the AC and get an estimate for any repairs and also an estimate to have the pool, all pumps and filters cleaned due to the debris.

We don't have the dollar amount of damage yet as those estimates are needed. Also he is sending off a carpet and padding sample as well as a flooring sample to find out how much he can allow. He's even replacing our mailbox.

Tuesday we will find out if they total out the cars...mine will probably be totaled. I had kind of hoped to not have a car payment for a while.

It's still going to be a strain and a pain...but at least this guy was thorough and generous. After it's all done, over half of our house will be rebuilt...so I guess there is a bright spot in all of this.

Poor guy has been here for weeks already and figures it will be another month before he gets back home to Kansas.

And the sun is shining...again...supposed to all weekend. Smile

[+] 10 users Like Anjele's post
22-04-2016, 08:07 PM
I hope my tiny bit helps. Wish it were more. Let us know how things are going. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
22-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Be sure to let me know when you get mine...and you are most welcome! It looks like you are getting close; hopefully the ones that don't show up (like mine) are making the difference!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
22-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Every bit of help is greatly appreciated. This rebuild is going to be a long road...but I am thankful for the people here and that we had a reasonable adjuster.

Now Tuesday will be another hurdle when the cars are again assessed. I know they will total mine, especially now that the floorboard is turning into a pond. Undecided