Anjele in the Hospital

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 08:52 AM
RE: Anjele in the Hospital
The subject of hospital food made me think of the time my mother was in a Catholic hospital with triple pneumonia. There was a gawd-awful, saccharine painting of Jesus on the wall holding a bleeding heart in his hands with blood dripping down between his fingers. My mom complained that all the hospital food started to taste like bleeding heart. Even the jello tasted like bleeding heart. So she finally lost her patients and said.

"Can you take that goddamned painting off the wall!?"

Well, we knew she was getting better when she had the strength to bitch. Lol. So my sister and I took it off and put it behind a chair with the painted side facing the wall. We didn't want to take any chances that even a little bit of it could be seen. The food started tasting much better for my mom after that, or at least it didn't taste like bleeding heart.

But the staff, some of which were nuns, were not very happy and tried to put it back up. My sister and I said that if it's up on the wall our mother just won't eat and she will recover quicker if she eats so "could you please not put the painting up, pleeeease?"

They didn't put it back up but they sure did grumble about it.

So, for you Anjele, a former Catholic, that's my hospital food story.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Heart

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
05-09-2017, 09:49 AM
(05-09-2017 07:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Long boring night with intermittent sleep...blah.

One of the cardiologists just came in and I made my bid for going home...he said he didn't think that was a good idea some 30 hours after what he called a massive heart attack. He said that in a man the same thing is called a widow maker. Guess I am just too ornery to die yet.

They may move me out of ICU and then I might be able to get rid of the two IVs in my hand that haven't been used since yesterday morning.

I have bruises everywhere...my veins suck so I have been stuck and bruised multiple times and have a huge bruise near my collar bone where they had an adhesive sensor or paddle. They even took blood out of my foot at one point.

The food really, really sucks. Who knew you could screw up a baked potato or apple sauce? The French Toast I had yesterday was impossible to gag down...another food I didn't think was that difficult to make. Luckily they didn't make the Jello. Undecided

Husband is bringing me a Pepsi as these heathens only have Coke products and is bringing me some breakfast.

Poor Ziggy is wondering what happened to me...he was licking my face and cuddling me when I was on the phone with 911...he knew things weren't right.

Anyway...maybe I can find something on Netflix to pass a few hours today and tonight since I am being held here for at least another day.

Anyway...thanks for the support...send food and movie recommendations and entertain me...damn it!

Big Grin

I'm glad to hear that you're doing okay now! I'm sorry to hear that you had a heart attack. That's awful! D:

Please get well quickly and give your poor heart a break! Hug Heart Love ya, lady. Stay with us a while, please?
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
05-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Hope today will be better. Hard to imagine what role crappy food could play in a good recovery but hopefully you're getting the best possible care aside from that.

Wishing you the best. Who else will I share doggy pics and stories with here?

Smoke and Heidi send their best.

https://flic.kr/p/XQE9mA

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 2 users Like whateverist's post
05-09-2017, 11:12 AM
(05-09-2017 07:49 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 07:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Long boring night with intermittent sleep...blah.

One of the cardiologists just came in and I made my bid for going home...he said he didn't think that was a good idea some 30 hours after what he called a massive heart attack. He said that in a man the same thing is called a widow maker. Guess I am just too ornery to die yet.

They may move me out of ICU and then I might be able to get rid of the two IVs in my hand that haven't been used since yesterday morning.

I have bruises everywhere...my veins suck so I have been stuck and bruised multiple times and have a huge bruise near my collar bone where they had an adhesive sensor or paddle. They even took blood out of my foot at one point.

The food really, really sucks. Who knew you could screw up a baked potato or apple sauce? The French Toast I had yesterday was impossible to gag down...another food I didn't think was that difficult to make. Luckily they didn't make the Jello. Undecided

Husband is bringing me a Pepsi as these heathens only have Coke products and is bringing me some breakfast.

Poor Ziggy is wondering what happened to me...he was licking my face and cuddling me when I was on the phone with 911...he knew things weren't right.

Anyway...maybe I can find something on Netflix to pass a few hours today and tonight since I am being held here for at least another day.

Anyway...thanks for the support...send food and movie recommendations and entertain me...damn it!

Big Grin

Psst. Take the kosher meal. It'll either be just as bad or much, much better depending on whether they get them frozen or made from a local kosher caterer.

So glad you're starting to feel better!

This is true, kosher or halal meals in prison are ten times better than normal menus so I wouldn't be surprised if hospital menus aren't similar. Some prisoners even convert to Islam or less frequently Judaism in order to get edible food but hopefully you can order these menus without having to go to those extremes. Wink
I'm so glad you're ok Anjele, I know we have had our differences recently but I was genuinely gutted when I heard you were sick. Stay well don't try to get home before you are ready. Heart
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
05-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Oh geez Anj! This is not nice news. Sad I am glad you are receiving some care now and made it through that tough night. They have you in ICU, do they have CCU where you're living? Hope you can get more comfortable, less bored and most importantly healthier. Heart :heart Heart
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
05-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Cancer. Massive heart attack. Gawdam, Anj. Sad
I don't care what life threatening event you feel like conquering next, stop tempting fate, Fuck!! Sadcryface

Get better, but stay that way! Hug Heart

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
05-09-2017, 04:09 PM
So sorry this happened to you, sweetie. Glad to hear that you are going make it out alive. Best wishes for a rapid recovery. Do the heart program in therapy. Recovering heart attack folks swear by it.

Hugs.

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post
05-09-2017, 04:57 PM
(05-09-2017 07:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  One of the cardiologists just came in and I made my bid for going home...he said he didn't think that was a good idea some 30 hours after what he called a massive heart attack. He said that in a man the same thing is called a widow maker. Guess I am just too ornery to die yet.

That's some scary shit. I have many inconsiderate and selfish questions for you later regarding your survival of the event so I can add to my own notes, but first how can I entertain you? Consider Let me see if I can find an appropriate, or at least a non-inappropriate, sentiment.

Hendrix? No, that's morbid. Sarah McMaudlin? No, that's worse. Prine? Too cliche. I found this happy 3 yo Chinese baby dancing. Yes

Of course this means that all our base now belong to Xi.

I am happy you yet dance Anjele. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-09-2017, 06:48 PM
I have see that liitle fella before...such a cutie.

Ask away Girly, I have no pride after all the medical shit I have been through especially over the last decade.

I will say...I have a high pain tolerance but that shit fucking hurt...a lot. I knew that symptoms of a heart attack are different in women but not to this point.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post