Anjele in the Hospital

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 07:05 PM
RE: Anjele in the Hospital
Angie, glad to hear you are recovering. As for recommendations have you checked out G.L.O.W. on Netflix? EA watched it over the weekend and about died laughing.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-09-2017, 07:11 PM
(05-09-2017 06:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ask away Girly,

Thanks!

My brother went down from sudden cardiac arrest and showed no signs of any cardiovascular disease or blockages whatsoever pre or postmortem. Some sorta circuit breaker in the old lizard part of the brain which keeps the beat just stops keeping the beat. Monkey stopped beating the drum. He had less than 10 minutes - something like 10% survival rate/min if you someone happened to be there to notice and happened to have a defibber. How long did you survive the event on your own? By "your own" I mean you and the dog licking to keep you alive of course. Did you remember to chew an aspirin?

Get well! Okay, now I'll go cliche.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-09-2017, 07:35 PM
(05-09-2017 07:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 06:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ask away Girly,

Thanks!

My brother went down from sudden cardiac arrest and showed no signs of any cardiovascular disease or blockages whatsoever pre or postmortem. Some sorta circuit breaker in the old lizard part of the brain which keeps the beat just stops keeping the beat. Monkey stopped beating the drum. He had less than 10 minutes - something like 10% survival rate/min if you someone happened to be there to notice and happened to have a defibber. How long did you survive the event on your own? By "your own" I mean you and the dog licking to keep you alive of course. Did you remember to chew an aspirin?

Get well! Okay, now I'll go cliche.

I went to sleep around 11pm and woke up about 1am from severe pain between my shoulder blades. I am sort of used to it and have always blamed it on the mastectomies. I tried to get more comfortable and couldn't. Then I started to sweat and felt sick to my stomach. I laid down on the bathroom floor for a few minutes until the nausea passed and went back to lay down. That didn't work so I got up and looked up symptoms of a heart attack for women and I had pretty much the whole list. I did not take an aspirin but I did feed the cat...don't ask - I don't know.

The pain was still in my upper back and really not at all in my chest. My left shoulder and arm started to hurt and I called 911. I didn't think I could make it up the steps to wake my husband so I tried calling out though he didn't hear me. Karm heard me and woke him up. Before calling 911 I turned on the porch light and unlocked the front door. Husband got up about the same time the EMTs came in which was a little before 2.

Off I went to a hospital and by then I added jaw pain to the symptoms and by 3am was having a stent put in. The EMTs gave me aspirin and a nitro patch and lots of failed IVs. By 4 or so I was being moved to ICU and there I remain.

A couple of the doctors and nurses say I was very lucky. I don't think any other than medical personal in a hospital could have saved me. From what I understand it was pretty bad...worse than I thought.

From my understanding men don't tend to survive this sort of attack.

Maybe I am so used to functioning with pain that I just did it. I missed part of a couple days of work last week because I kept getting dizzy spells...now I am pretty sure they are related.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
05-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Best wishes, Anj.

I hate hospitals with a passion.[/quote]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
05-09-2017, 08:04 PM
(05-09-2017 07:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I did not take an aspirin but I did feed the cat...don't ask - I don't know.

Oh you know. And I know. And the cat knows. And now the dog knows.... You hadn't fed that cat, you wouldn't have found your phone. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-09-2017, 08:08 PM
(05-09-2017 07:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Maybe I am so used to functioning with pain that I just did it. I missed part of a couple days of work last week because I kept getting dizzy spells...now I am pretty sure they are related.

That's consistent with my notes. Colleagues noticed it. So was your pipes all clogged up and they called in Roto-Rooter?

#sigh
05-09-2017, 08:47 PM
The widowmaker is what my father suffered a few years back. Brought him back to life after 20 minutes of being "dead". Had to relearn how to talk, walk, everything. It's very scary and I am glad you came out ok, it could have been a lot worse.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
05-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Anjele:

Very sorry I didn't see this yesterday. Sad

Glad to hear you are feeling better! I think the hospital food is one of their tests. if it tastes bad, you're getting better. If it tastes good, you've got real problems!

You should have your husband bring in your dog as a service animal.

Very, very glad to hear you are improving and feeling better. Hug

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-09-2017, 11:48 PM
(05-09-2017 08:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 07:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Maybe I am so used to functioning with pain that I just did it. I missed part of a couple days of work last week because I kept getting dizzy spells...now I am pretty sure they are related.

That's consistent with my notes. Colleagues noticed it. So was your pipes all clogged up and they called in Roto-Rooter?

They put a stent in the front of my heart which is how they explained it to me. Said it was pretty easy for them to do. I was on Fentanyl and can only assume they are telling the truth. That's some potent shit.

Last Thursday a coworker said I didn't look good...as in not healthy. I told her it was a set...I didn't feel good either.

Except for the entry site which twinges now and then I feel good except for being very tired. Guess I will see what today brings.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
06-09-2017, 12:07 AM
Heart Wow, that was some scary stuff Sad Glad you're alive Smile xx

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post