Ann Coulter Insulted At Rob Lowe Roast

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2016, 09:13 AM
RE: Ann Coulter Insulted At Rob Lowe Roast
Wow. I would have walked out. The remarks had no political, or any other value. A game of "who can be a nastier ass-hole ?" They were simply done to hurt her. I hate her, and her views. But I can't condone this garbage. It says more about the one doing the hate-speech than the one receiving it. I totally disapprove.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-09-2016, 09:18 AM
(07-09-2016 09:13 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wow. I would have walked out. The remarks had no political, or any other value. A game of "who can be a nastier ass-hole ?" They were simply done to hurt her. I hate her, and her views. But I can't condone this garbage. It says more about the one doing the hate-speech than the one receiving it. I totally disapprove.

Yeah. The horse face thing was too much. It's not her fault she looks like that.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
07-09-2016, 10:47 AM
I would rather have seen it happen to Michele Bachmann.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
07-09-2016, 10:52 AM
Really harsh but completed deserved. I will say though that Peyton "Potato Head" Manning is really in no position to be insulting anyone else's face.
[+] 6 users Like Mr. Boston's post
07-09-2016, 11:47 AM
(07-09-2016 10:47 AM)pablo Wrote:  I would rather have seen it happen to Michele Bachmann.

Intentionally hurting people is no way to treat any one.
(I know you really are sort of half-joking ... and Michelle is an idiot also), but ... but ... it's no way to establish anything, trying to hurt them. It's like some bad junior-high Valley Girls.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-09-2016, 11:54 AM
(07-09-2016 09:13 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wow. I would have walked out. The remarks had no political, or any other value. A game of "who can be a nastier ass-hole ?" They were simply done to hurt her. I hate her, and her views. But I can't condone this garbage. It says more about the one doing the hate-speech than the one receiving it. I totally disapprove.

I know nothing about this woman—apart from what Wiki tells me—but if crude ad hominems are the very best someone's opponents can come up with, then their criticisms aren't worth a dime.

Can I ask if this show is a setup or scripted? Does the subject of their derision know in advance what they're in for, or sign off on it? Otherwise, they could hit their detractors with a slander suit. Somehow, it just doesn't seem legitimate.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
07-09-2016, 12:05 PM
(07-09-2016 11:54 AM)SYZ Wrote:  

I know nothing about this woman—apart from what Wiki tells me—but if crude ad hominems are the very best someone's opponents can come up with, then their criticisms aren't worth a dime.

Can I ask if this show is a setup or scripted? Does the subject of their derision know in advance what they're in for, or sign off on it? Otherwise, they could hit their detractors with a slander suit. Somehow, it just doesn't seem legitimate.

It's a roast.
There are joke writers, and it's fairly scripted. Everyone there was fair game, and they all knew it going in.
The clip I posted was edited to show only the jokes about one person. She wasn't even the official "roastee", it was Rob Lowe.
What happened is what was supposed to happen.
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
07-09-2016, 12:07 PM
You guys - this was a roast not a political debate. The panel weren't trying to open a thoughtful dialog to debunk her positions. If you've never seen these Comedy Central roasts before the basic idea is they're ostensibly done in someone's "honor" (Flava Flav and Charlie Sheen have been past honorees to give you a sense of where the bar is set) but it's usually the same half dozen "comics" and a few other guests getting up and shitting all over each other for 90 minutes. It's just for amusement. I'll bet that if you watched the whole thing they all busted each other's balls just as hard.
[+] 5 users Like Mr. Boston's post
07-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Is this what passes for entertainment in the US?

I was not that surprised to see one of my less favourite Brit "comics" there as well.

There are times when I think the gulf between our countries makes the Atlantic look like a village pond.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
07-09-2016, 12:23 PM
(07-09-2016 11:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 10:47 AM)pablo Wrote:  I would rather have seen it happen to Michele Bachmann.

Intentionally hurting people is no way to treat any one.
(I know you really are sort of half-joking ... and Michelle is an idiot also), but ... but ... it's no way to establish anything, trying to hurt them. It's like some bad junior-high Valley Girls.

Well, I kind of agree with you, Bucky. It makes the liberal left look kinda bad....picking on that poor, bigoted, narrow minded, horse faced woman like that. Plastic surgery could fix that problem. If she could cut off the lower half of her face and she'd look pretty good.Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post