Annihilationism and the NT

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
10-09-2013, 02:46 PM

RE: Annihilationism and the NT
(10-09-2013 02:23 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Well, you're putting me in the precarious position of 1) quoting the Bible when I've been told on this forum not one word of the Bible is fact and I don't understand it myself (so why bother!)

Pathetic attempts to evade the topic being discussed. I told you several times to quote the Bible to prove your case.

(10-09-2013 02:23 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  and 2) you want me to defend my point #3 as to how I understand from the Bible I'm not saved by works but by trusting god... really? After my 1) you want me to post 500 verses on this thread?

Three would be enough, but solid ones. This is a great example of how Christian apologists boast about having evidence and proof, but once you scratch under the surface, you find that there is nothing under. I remind you that you have STILL NOT QUOTED ONE SINGLE VERSE. Give me solid, Biblical proof that even the unsaved are granted immortality. That's all I'm asking, yet you keep avoiding to do it.

(10-09-2013 02:23 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  A person is saved by trusting god and not by their works (good deeds, lawful deeds, Mosaic law deeds, personal sincerity, repentance, church attendance, philanthropy, positive personal ethics, etc.).

That's bullshit.

John 5:29, 2 Cor. 5:10, 11:15; James 2 almost entirely, Matt. 7:21, 24, 16:27, Rev. 20:13, 23, 22:12; 1 Pet. 1:17, Luke 20:35, etc.

More here: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_a...ation.html

(10-09-2013 02:23 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If someone is annihilated they have suffered "enough" in Hell to expiate their own sin and have paid for sin 100% without the intervention of Jesus or the atoning death and resurrection of Christ being necessary.

I'm not arguing against this, if I assume that Christianity is true. I'm arguing that infinite suffering is unwarranted and unsupported by the Bible.

(10-09-2013 02:23 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I might walk through some of the many scriptures involved on this post in a Bible study. Why would I do so here?

To prove your credibility? Out of those "many" verses, it would be good that you, for the sake of your own reputation, provide at least a few solid ones.

(10-09-2013 02:23 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Suffice it to say when atheists work incessantly to counter Pascal's wager by saying, "Why the Bible? Why not another of many religious faiths?" I found it always appealing that the Bible teaches simple trust in god while each other religion I've encountered says that doing something(s) saves one's soul, pays karma, eradicates ignorance/enlightens, etc.

The Bible can be made to teach anything. It's only the matter of which verses you pick and hold to.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Philosoraptor's post