Anniversary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Anniversary
I missed my 4th anniversary here.

It's been quite a ride Tongue

I came here with fire coming out of my nose and smoke coming out of my ears a few weeks after my husband died. We were together for 30 years and it hit me hard. But what had me fuming was all the crappy platitudes I got from all the people around me. I quit seeing them altogether and came here to vent.

I had never really identified as atheist - I just lived a life without god and the people closest to me were also godless. We never even talked about it. But as crazy as all the religious platitudes were driving me after hubby died, I needed to find some like minded people.

Hubby and I never talked about god until he was on his death bed. I figured he should have whatever he wanted and asked whether he wanted a priest or something. And he went into the rant of his lifetime. About religion. About fake people. About bigots. And so on.

Coming here has been quite amazing for me. I love that I can say anything I want about any topic and someone will come along with an intelligent comment. I love the diversity here - all the cultures and genders and ages, people from every walk of life. I even love some of the trolls, much laughter comes from some of those threads. And I do love that the diversity here sometimes leads to conflict - it can be very thought provoking. (I do think though that sometimes people could handle things better Tongue )

To make a long story short - I love this place and everyone composing it. A lot of the threads are like little books written on the topics. And we talk about most everything - there is a freedom here that doesn't exist in the real world.

So, thanks TTA, for adding something valuable to my life. I plan to be sticking around for a long time yet. Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 18 users Like Dom's post
29-02-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Anniversary
Thumbsup

The place wouldn't be the same without you! Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
29-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Happy Fourth!
29-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Big Grin

Happy anniversary, we are better for having known you.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Hug

I'm glad you're here. Heart

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
29-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Congrats. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-02-2016, 07:45 PM
[Image: GB-26.jpg]

Happy 4th! Shy

[Image: in-bread-dogs-name-cuteimages.net.jpg]

[edit] Wait! Confused This is your 5th? Facepalm You can open the Dom, tomorrow, for a double anniversary celebration, then! Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
29-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Well said. I know I certainly appreciate what you bring to this forum. Congrats on surviving this place for four years!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
29-02-2016, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 29-02-2016 09:50 PM by Fireball.)
(29-02-2016 07:45 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  [Image: GB-26.jpg]

Happy 4th! Shy

[Image: in-bread-dogs-name-cuteimages.net.jpg]

[edit] Wait! Confused This is your 5th? Facepalm You can open the Dom, tomorrow, for a double anniversary celebration, then! Tongue

Dogs in toast! That is HILARIOUS!

Blush Uh, Happy Anniversary, too!
29-02-2016, 08:55 PM
You're the best Dom. Heart You have such wisdom and you're super smart too. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.