Anniversary of 9-11

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2013, 03:34 PM
RE: Anniversary of 9-11
(11-09-2013 03:26 PM)I and I Wrote:  I agree, I started a thread about belief and fact in the philosophy forum.

And what a rousing intellectual success it was!

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 05:59 PM
(11-09-2013 03:26 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 03:22 PM)nach_in Wrote:  hey I&I, instead of trying to prove that the US is evil or something irrelevant like that, why don't you get involved in actual political activism and add something to at least try to make things right?

the wars the US has been involved lately are shameful and has nothing to do with fairness, freedom or any other positive cause or ideal, that's known, that obvious for anyone who doesn't pray to FOX news every night. But you won't do anything about it by looking like a conspiranoid asshole.

Go out, join some worthy NGO or something like that, and actually push in the right direction, even if all your weird ideas are true, even if you manage to find some incontrovertible proof that 9/11 was an inside job or something like that, nothing will change, the inertia is just too strong... and your attitude only makes people more secure in their apathy towards their government.

Truth is irrelevant by itself, it must have a purpose, right now your quest for truth is pointless.

I agree, I started a thread about belief and fact in the philosophy forum. What is an NGO and what do they do? Drinking Beverage

NGO

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
11-09-2013, 07:52 PM
I know it sounds lame, but anyone remember where they were when it happened?

I was in Science class at MCC Metropolitan.

11-09-2013, 07:56 PM
(11-09-2013 07:52 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I know it sounds lame, but anyone remember where they were when it happened?

On top of a roof out in the country nailing shingles. Lady of the house called us in to watch on the news.

We didn't get any more roofing done that day.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
11-09-2013, 08:00 PM
(11-09-2013 07:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 07:52 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I know it sounds lame, but anyone remember where they were when it happened?

On top of a roof out in the country nailing shingles. Lady of the house called us in to watch on the news.

We didn't get any more roofing done that day.

Yeah! We were dismissed by the professor to go home even before the announcement came over the PA! Whole class had been watching it on the TV.

11-09-2013, 08:04 PM
I was at work listening to the goofy talk show out of Charlotte that I always followed. When they announced the first plane I figured it was a small plane and that would be about the end of the story. Then the second plane hit and the stars of the show completely changed their manner of speaking as they searched out stories and video online to relay to the listeners. I went into my boss' office where he was meeting with the CEO and told him to turn on his radio and that something bad was happening in NYC. Spent the next couple hours listening to the reports as they came in then they sent us home. Scary day that just got worse and worse.

The girl that works with me was pretty quiet today. Her sister was in one of the towers that day but made it out okay.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
11-09-2013, 08:43 PM
I was sleeping, I heard my sister screaming "las hicieron mierda!" literally: "they made them shit!" I woke up and we saw the second plane hitting... not sure if it was live or not...

I spent all day translating the news for my parents, CNN took a big part of the market here since then...

11-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Sept 11 happened 6 years before I was born.

Sept 11 was a coup carried out by corporate/US interests and the aftermath of sept 11 was a dictatorship that was one of the most brutal in the world at that time and received full support by the US government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_Chilean_coup_d'état

Drinking Beverage
11-09-2013, 09:00 PM
(11-09-2013 08:58 PM)I and I Wrote:  Sept 11 happened 6 years before I was born.

Sept 11 was a coup carried out by corporate/US interests and the aftermath of sept 11 was a dictatorship that was one of the most brutal in the world at that time and received full support by the US government.

Drinking Beverage

so witty

11-09-2013, 09:03 PM
(11-09-2013 09:00 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 08:58 PM)I and I Wrote:  Sept 11 happened 6 years before I was born.

Drinking Beverage

so (t)witty

Fixt!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco