Anniversary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: Anniversary
You've made this place so much more by being here. You don't just contribute to the forum, you lead it. I'm proud to call you part of the team, and privileged to call you my friend.

I just had my sixth a couple days ago....do we share an anniversary??

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-02-2016, 09:20 PM
(29-02-2016 07:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  I missed my 4th anniversary here.

It's been quite a ride Tongue

I came here with fire coming out of my nose and smoke coming out of my ears a few weeks after my husband died. We were together for 30 years and it hit me hard. But what had me fuming was all the crappy platitudes I got from all the people around me. I quit seeing them altogether and came here to vent.

I had never really identified as atheist - I just lived a life without god and the people closest to me were also godless. We never even talked about it. But as crazy as all the religious platitudes were driving me after hubby died, I needed to find some like minded people.

Hubby and I never talked about god until he was on his death bed. I figured he should have whatever he wanted and asked whether he wanted a priest or something. And he went into the rant of his lifetime. About religion. About fake people. About bigots. And so on.

Coming here has been quite amazing for me. I love that I can say anything I want about any topic and someone will come along with an intelligent comment. I love the diversity here - all the cultures and genders and ages, people from every walk of life. I even love some of the trolls, much laughter comes from some of those threads. And I do love that the diversity here sometimes leads to conflict - it can be very thought provoking. (I do think though that sometimes people could handle things better Tongue )

To make a long story short - I love this place and everyone composing it. A lot of the threads are like little books written on the topics. And we talk about most everything - there is a freedom here that doesn't exist in the real world.

So, thanks TTA, for adding something valuable to my life. I plan to be sticking around for a long time yet. Heart

HugClapBanana_zorroKnights who say NI!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
29-02-2016, 09:29 PM
(29-02-2016 08:28 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Dogs in toast! That is HILARIOUS!

No, they're inbred.

Big Grin

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
29-02-2016, 11:14 PM
Congrats Dom. Like others have said, this place wouldn't be the same without you, it wouldn't be as enjoyable. Much love. Smile

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-02-2016, 11:18 PM
Yabut ... who etc. etc.

Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-03-2016, 07:31 AM
Thanks guys Big Grin

Stark, close enough to share Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
01-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Congratulations on... being you? And still being here?
Tongue

Now that I think of it I suppose my forumversary was last month, but I only started posting three months after registering. So there's that.

... this is my signature!