Announcement (Please Read)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Announcement (Please Read)
As the more observant of you may have noticed, there have been a few disagreements on the forum over the last few days. Earlier this evening I spoke to Seth to discuss these issues and agree on an approach to try and help things run more smoothly.

The first action taken (as some of you may have already noticed) is that KC is now an admin, alongside me and FSM_scot. Previously we had two admins and three super-mods to break ties. This could lengthen decisions and switching to three admins with a majority rules approach on disagreements will speed the decision making process up. As such the level of super-mod has been made redundant. Aurora is now a mod. A mod position is also being held open for DeepThought in anticipation of him returning.

There are plans for further small changes to come. The will be a private discussion between the team on the finer details of a couple of proposals discussed with Seth and once they have been agreed they will be announced and implemented.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Hughsie's post
08-07-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Announcement (Please Read)
Grats KC!

A believer admining a bunch of dirty Atheists... I'd have no one other than KC for that. Thumbsup

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like NoahsFarce's post
08-07-2013, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 11:56 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Congrats KC and Aurora

Thank you for all you do.

I hope DT returns soon.

Edited to remove a question mark. Stupid iPad.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

08-07-2013, 10:01 PM
(08-07-2013 09:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  As the more observant of you may have noticed, there have been a few disagreements on the forum over the last few days. Earlier this evening I spoke to Seth to discuss these issues and agree on an approach to try and help things run more smoothly.

The first action taken (as some of you may have already noticed) is that KC is now an admin, alongside me and FSM_scot. Previously we had two admins and three super-mods to break ties. This could lengthen decisions and switching to three admins with a majority rules approach on disagreements will speed the decision making process up. As such the level of super-mod has been made redundant. Aurora is now a mod. A mod position is also being held open for DeepThought in anticipation of him returning.

There are plans for further small changes to come. The will be a private discussion between the team on the finer details of a couple of proposals discussed with Seth and once they have been agreed they will be announced and implemented.

Well thats it all the Starks are dead. A Coup attempt is in the works and us poor peasants are going to be crushed underfoot as always. Tongue Gratz KC!

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
08-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Another small thing you may have noticed is that several members star counts have changed. This is because we've changed the settings so the number of stars makes a lot more sense now.

The new system is;

First star after 1 post
Second star after 100 posts
Third star after 500 posts
Fourth star after 1000 posts
Fifth star after 2500 posts
Sixth star after 5000 posts
Seventh star after 10000 posts
Eighth star for contributing members
Ninth star for Veterans/Ex-Staff
Tenth star for contributing Veterans
Eleventh star for Moderators
Twelfth star Admins
Fifteen stars/leaves for Seth and Stark

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-07-2013, 10:09 PM
(08-07-2013 10:04 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Another small thing you may have noticed is that several members star counts have changed. This is because we've changed the settings so the number of stars makes a lot more sense now.

The new system is;

First star after 1 post
Second star after 100 posts
Third star after 500 posts
Fourth star after 1000 posts
Fifth star after 2500 posts
Sixth star after 5000 posts
Seventh star after 10000 posts
Eighth star for contributing members
Ninth star for Veterans/Ex-Staff
Tenth star for contributing Veterans
Eleventh star for Moderators
Twelfth star Admins
Fifteen stars/leaves for Seth and Stark

Will this be stickied (is that a word?) somewhere for noobs and people like me prone to forgetfulness?? Wink

And why not 13 stars?

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Neato! I think we should do 20 stars, really. At least.

If we're all made of the same atoms and energy the rest of the universe is comprised of, then we too are parts of the universe. This leads us to the entertainment which is debate. The best part is where the universe, having come into consciousness, cannot agree on how it came to be in the first place. Laughat
08-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Thanks guys Smile

It's kinda weird for me to think about, but then again... not really. I'm here to do a job and to do it to the best of my ability. My religious affiliation has no bearing on that.

Like before, I'm going to strive to continually make this place better alongside FSM_Scot, Hughsie, and the rest of the FT.

Thank you, Seth, for your vote of confidence. Thank you, James, for taking that first leap of faith on me.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
08-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Yay! Stars have an actual meaning now.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
08-07-2013, 10:17 PM
*Waits for the announcement of the Queen of the Hobbits status* Big Grin

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "Go To Last Read" function DanDare 3 156 31-07-2013 05:37 AM
Last Post: Caveman
  Forum Announcement kingschosen 38 1,052 15-07-2013 08:24 PM
Last Post: Erxomai
  Announcement Hughsie 4 358 22-05-2013 05:33 PM
Last Post: LadyJane
  All these promotions and no public announcement? Buddy Christ 19 858 22-12-2011 12:44 PM
Last Post: Clint Barnett