Anonymous Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Anonymous Thread
I've been thinking about this for awhile.

There have been some things I've wanted to say here on the forum but can't. The things are subjects pertaining to atheism and religion. Short of coming up with a secret double name I can't see a way around it.

I am sure I am not the only member or person who has wanted to say something but didn't- could be many reasons- they don't want some information traced back to them, they are too embarrassed, They feel it's too personal, ect. There are websites on the internet that work like confession booths (not the churchy kind) where they leave comments or topics, or maybe even a vent, and it's anonymous. This is one I know of.

Is there a way, or an interest, where a thread could be set up here? Of course we wouldn't want it getting messed with (like trolling or something). Not to increase work load for forum admin or anything, but I also thought people could PM one to post for them, so an admin would post what was sent to them anonymously.

Is this a bat-shit crazy idea or something people would consider?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 12:07 AM
RE: Anonymous Thread
Sounds good. Sorta like getting an unbiased opinion without direct judgment....I like it Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
12-07-2012, 12:57 AM
OR,

You could preface each of your rants, confessions, or questions with:

"I have this "friend" I hope you can help me with. She He is always...blah da di blah blah."
Then we wouldn't think you were the one with the issue but it's your "Friend." [Image: airquotes.gif]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
12-07-2012, 01:03 AM
(12-07-2012 12:57 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  OR,

"I have this "friend" I hope you can help me with. She He is always...blah da di blah blah."
Then we wouldn't think you were the one with the issue but it's your "Friend." [Image: airquotes.gif]
Yeh but now that you've said that we'd all bloody know, now wouldn't we??? Dodgy Yes

[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
12-07-2012, 01:04 AM
(12-07-2012 01:03 AM)aurora Wrote:  

Yeh but now that you've said that we'd all bloody know, now wouldn't we??? Dodgy Yes
But not if everyone is required to get stoned before they enter this thread.
See? It's fucking brilliant, isn't it???? Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
12-07-2012, 01:06 AM
(12-07-2012 01:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 01:03 AM)aurora Wrote:  Yeh but now that you've said that we'd all bloody know, now wouldn't we??? Dodgy Yes
But not if everyone is required to get stoned before they enter this thread.
See? It's fucking brilliant, isn't it???? Big Grin
Now you're talking Thumbsup

Up there for thinking and down there for dancing! Smartass

[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
12-07-2012, 01:06 AM
OR...

An account could be set up with it's own user name/avatar/etc.,. Forum members would have the password and could go in whenever and post as that single user, and then any feedback received would be from everyone as usual.
It could be the forum's one dummy account -the Anonymous Atheist.

Interesting idea.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-07-2012, 01:09 AM
That could work, Kim Thumbsup

12-07-2012, 01:09 AM
(12-07-2012 01:06 AM)kim Wrote:  OR...

An account could be set up with it's own user name/avatar/etc.,. Forum members would have the password and could go in whenever and post as that single user, and then any feedback received would be from everyone as usual.
It could be the forum's one dummy account -the Anonymous Atheist.

Interesting idea.
Except then someone could troll? Or maybe these posts could be approved per post?
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
12-07-2012, 08:05 AM
(12-07-2012 01:03 AM)aurora Wrote:  

We'd know, but it's really about plausible deniability, isn't it? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user