Anonymous Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: Anonymous Thread
I don't know... I mean, I feel like I'm anonymous enough as is. It'd be easy enough for anyone to find out my real name if they wanted, but I doubt anyone really gives a shit. Not like I'm advocating baby eati... oh wait. Damn. I like being tied to my account a bit though, it makes you a little bit accountable Tongue

I think, if people want one, no harm in setting up an experiment. We can always nuke it if it blows up...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
13-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Here is a good source...for how an anonymous thread can be set up.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
14-07-2012, 01:33 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2012 01:45 AM by bemore.)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIdtGa1jcW0jxnjdxwukr...VWUTVVFr9j]

This place gonna get hacked inviting the anonymous people over...........

I think its a good idea..... with regards to moderation I think ideas should be took from the Forum Management Team section of the thread.

I dont think that the username and password should be on show anywhere on the forum........ anybody from outside can then use it to troll...... I think if people wish to use the service then they need to PM a mod and get given a password (that gets changed periodically/after every use)

Now I know this can be applied to anypart of the forum really but having an anonymous thread I imagine that the need to hide your identity will bring up certain subjects....... that maybe (with respect) this place nor its users are actually qualified to answer or deal with........ so maybe a disclaimer saying that any replies given are only opinions of the forum and should be treated so..... and any real sensitive subjects that have the potential to crop up (rape, abuse etc etc) covered may need support with links to the relevant services.

I think something like this....... although potentially amusing in some regards........ can also have a serious side with serious implications.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
14-07-2012, 05:32 AM
(13-07-2012 06:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Here is a good source...for how an anonymous thread can be set up.
The seagull hit squad is on it's way you evil preacher man Angry .
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-07-2012, 09:04 AM
So... you wanna have peeps post scandalous shit, and you're gonna have a mod review it, yet ya don't see how this is gonna be a disaster? The reason ya don't tell secrets to other people is that people flap their gums. So you're gonna have this mod, letting shit slip, or PMing his or her buddies... dumb, dumb, dumb. Got enough drama around here...

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-07-2012, 09:08 AM
(14-07-2012 09:04 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So... you wanna have peeps post scandalous shit, and you're gonna have a mod review it, yet ya don't see how this is gonna be a disaster? The reason ya don't tell secrets to other people is that people flap their gums. So you're gonna have this mod, letting shit slip, or PMing his or her buddies... dumb, dumb, dumb. Got enough drama around here...
Bah, you can never have enough drama John.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
14-07-2012, 09:13 AM
(14-07-2012 09:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 09:04 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So... you wanna have peeps post scandalous shit, and you're gonna have a mod review it, yet ya don't see how this is gonna be a disaster? The reason ya don't tell secrets to other people is that people flap their gums. So you're gonna have this mod, letting shit slip, or PMing his or her buddies... dumb, dumb, dumb. Got enough drama around here...
Bah, you can never have enough drama John.
Well... that's kinda true. Big Grin

But LJ's gonna talk herself into an awkward position, here.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-07-2012, 09:19 AM
ehh I'm sure she'd be fine.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
14-07-2012, 09:33 AM
(14-07-2012 09:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  But LJ's gonna talk herself into an awkward position, here.
Im not saying LJ cant do but to make it fair and to cut complications I think it should be a completely modded process by all of the team.

Then to secure the identity of the user, the mod who issued the password has to be slaughtered....... as to not pass on the identity. Tongue

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
14-07-2012, 09:49 AM
I don't understand why it can't be as follows:

Username and password for anon account are available to everyone on the forum.

Anon account is only allowed to post in one thread. (not sure how hard that is?)

All anon account posts have to be approved (by *any* mod) before they are visible to members of the forum.

Is this not the setup we are talking about?

This way no one knows who wrote the post, no single mod has responsibility for approving posts, and hopefully there's no spamming.

The essential point is that the password for the anon account needs to be available to *everyone* without the need to PM a mod, because that way no one can tell who wrote the anon posts? It's also a weakness because the password must *not* be available to bots, so we'd need maybe something like a captcha system with no single password for the anon account. Deep, any idea how hard that is?