Anonymous declares war on Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2016, 07:09 AM
Anonymous declares war on Trump
http://www.techinsider.io/anonymous-hack...war-2016-3

Apparently, part of Anonymous has declared "total" war on Trump, and is threatening to use DDoS attacks on Trump sites starting 4/1. This has been met with criticism, much of it from other Anonymous members. Complaints range from Trump deserving rights to free speech, the attack not being very effective, DDoS as not actually being hacking, and that a more effective route would be to get more embarrassing info on Trump.

I have to agree that this is largely a bad idea. My biggest complaint is that I see it somewhat as an attack on democracy, even it it's just an indirect one. My other complaint is that this will give Trump supporters more reason to believe what they already do: that there's a leftist conspiracy working against them. In addition to further rallying Trump supporters, I worry other conservatives might join in support if they see a common leftist enemy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
17-03-2016, 09:15 AM
RE: Anonymous declares war on Trump
Anonymous are a bunch of twits who're given way too much airtime.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-03-2016, 09:21 AM
Being the complete idiot that I am, I don't know who this Anonymous person is.

Blush

Who is he/she/it??

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-03-2016, 09:22 AM
There's a role for Anonymous to play in this world but this ain't it.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
17-03-2016, 09:34 AM
The problem here is Anonymous is not a cohesive unit it is made up of literally anyone that wants to be part of it. There is no top down leadership so when a breakaway portion of it does something shitty the rest of it's members can yell at them or try and force them to stop but there is no real recourse.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-03-2016, 09:41 AM
(17-03-2016 09:21 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Being the complete idiot that I am, I don't know who this Anonymous person is.

Blush

Who is he/she/it??

No one knows, they're anonymous.

A more useful answer would be a group of hacktivists, or hackers who use their computers for whatever social cause they feel is worthy. This can include denial of service attacks, or obtaining information and posting it. For example they previously declared war on ISIS's recruitment of westerners and reported loads of twitter accounts etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_%28group%29
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
17-03-2016, 01:03 PM
I don't like Trump either, but I'm not going to condone or perform unlawful acts because of that.
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
17-03-2016, 01:46 PM
*yawn*

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-03-2016, 01:51 PM
(17-03-2016 09:21 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Being the complete idiot that I am, I don't know who this Anonymous person is.

Blush

Who is he/she/it??

I used to belong to Alcoholics Anonymous, but graduated!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
17-03-2016, 04:18 PM
(17-03-2016 07:09 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  http://www.techinsider.io/anonymous-hack...war-2016-3

Apparently, part of Anonymous has declared "total" war on Trump, and is threatening to use DDoS attacks on Trump sites starting 4/1. This has been met with criticism, much of it from other Anonymous members. Complaints range from Trump deserving rights to free speech, the attack not being very effective, DDoS as not actually being hacking, and that a more effective route would be to get more embarrassing info on Trump.

I have to agree that this is largely a bad idea. My biggest complaint is that I see it somewhat as an attack on democracy, even it it's just an indirect one. My other complaint is that this will give Trump supporters more reason to believe what they already do: that there's a leftist conspiracy working against them. In addition to further rallying Trump supporters, I worry other conservatives might join in support if they see a common leftist enemy.

I am no fan of mob rule, not even cyber mob rule. The division in this group is what can happen when people with good intent run into unintended situations, such as being divided. That is why it is better to let law take care of crimes.

BUT Trump does NOT have the right to insight violence which he has with saying things like "rapists", and "I'd like to punch them in the face" and "send them out on stretchers" , this is the dangerous rhetoric that leads to incivility.

His act may be great for cable radio or Jerry Springer, but he is no longer simply a private citizen, he is running for office and not just a local or state office, but our highest office. After everything he has said, he'd be a lame duck for 4 or 8 years at best, but he hasn't just pissed of liberals, and Mexicans and Muslims, he has pissed off the entire world and they will not listen to him.

Can anyone imagine Reagan or JFK or Lincoln using the speech he has when they were running? Can anyone imagine him talking like that in a State Of The Union Address? Or at a White House Press conference when reporters ask him questions about foreign leaders?

He may be an entertainer, but he has absolutely NO business in the Oval Office. He talks about Mexicans and Muslims and China exactly the same way Hitler scapegoated the Jews. If anyone thinks he is suitable for office, they might as well nominate a mentally ill homeless person screaming on the street corner that he is Napoleon. The worst part is that Trump IS not mentally ill, in that case it would be more forgivable, the dangerous part is that he thinks this is a popularity contest and is all about ratings. He most certainly IS delusional but he thinks all this is his personal game.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user