Anosmia anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Anosmia anyone?
ok so random fact about me- i am completely anosmic! i have never been able to smell anything in my life
it's funny because i love to bake and am really good at it but everyone asks how i can be if im unable to smell. as if baking actually requires a sense of smell...
anyway, it can be a gift when i raise maggots, but last year i had maggots in a closed room and stank up a whole building! also today i learned that citrus fertilizer smells really bad!
anyone else anosmic or know of any anosmics? anyone got a good no-smell story to share?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes seagull's post
07-03-2017, 09:13 AM
RE: Anosmia anyone?
What do you charge per 1000 count for the maggots?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-03-2017, 09:25 AM
No smell means no taste I would have to self terminate if I couldn't taste food.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
07-03-2017, 09:40 AM
I don't smell super well. I've had sinus problems since I broke my nose when I was 10 and it affected my sense of smell. Unlike you I hate to cook. If I could just take a pill for all my nutrition I would. But I do smell...... Dodgy .......um.....hummm.... let me qualify that. I mean MY NOSE doesn't smell odors, I don't have a great sense of smell. My taste buds aren't the best either. I think the two are interrelated.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
07-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Friend of mine suffered a whiplash injury in a rear-ender, and lost his sense of smell for most things—which led to his subsequent lack of interest in foods or wines.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
07-03-2017, 12:32 PM
I have a poor sense of smell, I think. Often people smell things that I cannot.

But can I still smell things.

/shrug
07-03-2017, 12:39 PM
I have an amazing sense of smell all the more incredible considering I smoke, I actually freak out if I get a cold and cannot smell and seriously wouldn't want to live without it
07-03-2017, 12:47 PM
My sense of smell has been getting smaller as I get older. I can still smell everything, but not as vividly as before. I assume it's the same for scent as it is for eye sight.

I don't set an alarm, I wake up to the smell of coffee.... love it! Makes me happy waking up!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-03-2017, 12:53 PM
My wife's niece and nephew gave me a cold a few years back and I lost much of my sense of smell and taste. When it started to comeback it was somehow different. Now I don't know if I simply became accustomed to the "new" or if it's back to how it was originally. Weird.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
07-03-2017, 12:54 PM
(07-03-2017 12:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  My sense of smell has been getting smaller as I get older. I can still smell everything, but not as vividly as before. I assume it's the same for scent as it is for eye sight.

I don't set an alarm, I wake up to the smell of coffee.... love it! Makes me happy waking up!

You can still smell though, that's important I don't wanna live in a word without smell.