Another Craigslist Scam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Another Craigslist Scam
I' m on the periphery of this - as it happened to a neighbor 200 meters from my hunting blind.

Through happenstance the neighbor just found out that somebody sold a fake hunting lease to a hunter for my neighbor's property.

The scammer, had an advert on Craigslist for a " private hunting area" - and if you know the area - it's prime.

The scammee met with the scammer in February of this year to get a tour of the property. They walked around the property, agreed on a price $600, and signed a lease form.

All was well, till the scamee met the actual owners of the property at their place of business - and they made the connection, and realized a scam had been made.

The scammer had to be ( for reasons I will not divulge) a local, as he knew a couple of things that only a local would.

I've been sick the last couple of weeks, so I haven't gotten the whole story directly from the horse's mouth.

But, my understanding is they believe this scammer only did it once.

My guess - double digits - at least.

Opening day of firearm season might be very interesting this year. I' m thinking of armor plating the west wall.

Blink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-09-2017, 12:12 PM
RE: Another Craigslist Scam
(10-09-2017 11:36 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ...Opening day of firearm season might be very interesting this year. I' m thinking of armor plating the west wall.

Particularly when 17 fully armed hunters turn up claiming their "right" to a single hunting lease. The mind boggles! Shocking

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-09-2017, 12:24 PM
My thoughts exactly. Add in some alcohol, a little weed and a whole bunch of adrenaline and testosterone - and something's going to happen.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-09-2017, 12:27 PM
I hope the cops catch dude before he ends up with both fraud and reckless endangerment charges. .... wait, no, he's probably guilty of both already.

#sigh
10-09-2017, 09:22 PM
(10-09-2017 12:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My thoughts exactly. Add in some alcohol, a little weed and a whole bunch of adrenaline and testosterone - and something's going to happen.

What? You mean all those responsible law abiding gun owners, when placed in a situation of mild annoyance with easy access to firearms, will fail to use them responsibly? My word! Perish the thought!

*while I fan myself on the veranda of my plantation, sipping a mint julep*

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-09-2017, 02:43 AM
(10-09-2017 09:22 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 12:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My thoughts exactly. Add in some alcohol, a little weed and a whole bunch of adrenaline and testosterone - and something's going to happen.

What? You mean all those responsible law abiding gun owners, when placed in a situation of mild annoyance with easy access to firearms, will fail to use them responsibly? My word! Perish the thought!

Nothing like showing up in somebody's thread for a good political hijacking, and taking a shit in the middle of the room, huh?????

Doesn't that make ya feel so... I dunno... Superior???

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-09-2017, 03:06 AM
America is going to be the death of us all.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-09-2017, 07:35 AM
Update.

The property owner did get the cops involved.

But - they aren't getting aggressive on this like they should.

My advice was to put up signs on the property border stating that any hunting leases that may have been bought were fraudulent, and to contact the county sheriff.

All they did, is put up "no trespassing" signs.

Facepalm

I can see opening day is going to be ugly.

The property owner seems convinced for some reason that the con-man only sold one lease. Huh??? Why?? Was he too ethical to sell a fake lease to more than one person?

BS. He sold it as many times as he had takers.

And - he seems to be treating the victims as criminals as well.

14-09-2017, 04:29 AM
(11-09-2017 02:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 09:22 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What? You mean all those responsible law abiding gun owners, when placed in a situation of mild annoyance with easy access to firearms, will fail to use them responsibly? My word! Perish the thought!

Nothing like showing up in somebody's thread for a good political hijacking, and taking a shit in the middle of the room, huh?????

Aw now, if you're going to insinuate that violence is going to break out over something so trivial? If these men are so uncouth as to discard civil behavior over such a trifle? Then maybe they shouldn't be armed.

If it is so critical, if violence is so close to boiling over? If these men are so unhinged as to lose their cool over this? Maybe you shouldn't be making light of the situation?

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe pointing out the gross confluence of implied violence and unchecked aggression alongside firearms makes me the asshole. I kinda doubt it, but it's possible.

But as for feeling superior? I'll let you know when I'm done with my Mint Julep. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-09-2017, 05:44 AM
(14-09-2017 04:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 02:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Nothing like showing up in somebody's thread for a good political hijacking, and taking a shit in the middle of the room, huh?????

Aw now, if you're going to insinuate that violence is going to break out over something so trivial? If these men are so uncouth as to discard civil behavior over such a trifle? Then maybe they shouldn't be armed.

If it is so critical, if violence is so close to boiling over? If these men are so unhinged as to lose their cool over this? Maybe you shouldn't be making light of the situation?

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe pointing out the gross confluence of implied violence and unchecked aggression alongside firearms makes me the asshole. I kinda doubt it, but it's possible.

But as for feeling superior? I'll let you know when I'm done with my Mint Julep. Drinking Beverage

We'll just put you in the " nobody should have any kind of weapon, anywhere" camp..

Now, everybody sing - kumbaya my lord...... Kubbaya...
Dodgy