Another Craigslist Scam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2017, 12:56 PM
RE: Another Craigslist Scam
(14-09-2017 04:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If it is so critical, if violence is so close to boiling over? If these men are so unhinged as to lose their cool over this? Maybe you shouldn't be making light of the situation?

But hey, maybe I'm wrong...

If more than one bloke turns up on the day, rather than giving each other intravenous lead, they're far more likely to get their heads together after they figure out they've been scammed, and probably share the shoot... before a couple of cold stubbies.

Not everyone who owns a gun is a homicidal maniac. No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2017, 02:45 PM
(14-09-2017 12:56 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(14-09-2017 04:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If it is so critical, if violence is so close to boiling over? If these men are so unhinged as to lose their cool over this? Maybe you shouldn't be making light of the situation?

If more than one bloke turns up on the day, rather than giving each other intravenous lead, they're far more likely to get their heads together after they figure out they've been scammed, and probably share the shoot... before a couple of cold stubbies.

They can't " share the shoot". They don't have the right for hunting there. The property owner does, and he will be out there opening morning.

Fortunately, bow season starts first. So I just expect a lot of yelling and screaming - and sheriff and DRN officers crawling all over the place making much noise...

Hopefully they get it sorted out by the opening of firearm season...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-09-2017, 03:22 PM
(13-09-2017 07:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The property owner seems convinced for some reason that the con-man only sold one lease. Huh??? Why?? Was he too ethical to sell a fake lease to more than one person?

BS. He sold it as many times as he had takers.

Probably smart enough to only sell one fraudulent lease per property. Unless he was stupid. We are talking Michigan here. ... (And before you think of dicking with me, I was raised in East Lansing so I know how stupid you are.)

(13-09-2017 07:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And - he seems to be treating the victims as criminals as well.

They were, inadvertently as it might be. It was a serious lack of due diligence on their part.

#sigh
14-09-2017, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2017 09:38 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(14-09-2017 12:56 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

Of course they're not all homicidal manics, but I'm not the one who wrote...

"Opening day of firearm season might be very interesting this year. I'm thinking of armor plating the west wall."

"My thoughts exactly. Add in some alcohol, a little weed and a whole bunch of adrenaline and testosterone - and something's going to happen."

...and then got pissed off when someone called them out for that. That's not a funny, ha-ha moment, that's a oh shit, those people are dangerously unstable and armed moment.

Or do you mean to tell me OnlineBiker wanted to armor plate his wall on account of them getting rowdy with their fists? What exactly else was he himself implying here, other than irresponsible gun use?

But once again, maybe I'm the asshole for pointing that out. I kinda doubt it, but I could be.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-09-2017, 09:42 PM
(14-09-2017 05:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-09-2017 04:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Aw now, if you're going to insinuate that violence is going to break out over something so trivial? If these men are so uncouth as to discard civil behavior over such a trifle? Then maybe they shouldn't be armed.

If it is so critical, if violence is so close to boiling over? If these men are so unhinged as to lose their cool over this? Maybe you shouldn't be making light of the situation?

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe pointing out the gross confluence of implied violence and unchecked aggression alongside firearms makes me the asshole. I kinda doubt it, but it's possible.

But as for feeling superior? I'll let you know when I'm done with my Mint Julep. Drinking Beverage

We'll just put you in the " nobody should have any kind of weapon, anywhere" camp..

Now, everybody sing - kumbaya my lord...... Kubbaya...
Dodgy

Oh, so you were going to armor plate your wall on account of their irresponsible use of their fists I take it? Too much pugilism for your wall to handle, hmm?

You don't get to act as the offended party when you're being blasé over grossly irresponsible behavior.

14-09-2017, 09:51 PM
(14-09-2017 09:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Or do you mean to tell me OnlineBiker wanted to armor plate his wall...

Uh... he was joking. You need to lighten up a bit. Cool

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
14-09-2017, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2017 10:12 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(14-09-2017 09:51 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(14-09-2017 09:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Or do you mean to tell me OnlineBiker wanted to armor plate his wall...

Uh... he was joking. You need to lighten up a bit. Cool

Well, if that was a joke (and a poor, unfunny one at that), then so was my Mint Julep post. Hell, my joke even took place on a fictional veranda. If that is the minimum bar being set, I more than cleared it.

Of course he took that as 'all people with guns are bad' rather than his own 'implied unhinged yokels with anger management problems probably shouldn't be armed', because of course he did. Which is why I was duty bound to take the piss out of his post, because I knew he'd overreact.