Another Disgusting Bit of Nature

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Another Disgusting Bit of Nature
(21-04-2017 02:42 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Another hard to fathom creation of God's. Or unnamed Intelligent designer.

This isn't part of God's original creation but is one of the results of human sin.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2017, 02:12 PM
(16-06-2017 02:07 PM)theophilus Wrote:  This isn't part of God's original creation but is one of the results of human sin.

In what vile, diseased mind (albeit switched off to accommodate religion) is it okay to punish ALL LIFE FORMS for the supposed "sin" in a single member of a single species?

Your god and its followers are sadists, a moral vacuum.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
16-06-2017, 02:18 PM
(16-06-2017 02:07 PM)theophilus Wrote:  
(21-04-2017 02:42 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Another hard to fathom creation of God's. Or unnamed Intelligent designer.

This isn't part of God's original creation but is one of the results of human sin.

Oh? God let humans dictate how God's creation would degrade and humans chose parasites?

Interesting... Consider
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
16-06-2017, 02:38 PM
(06-05-2017 09:41 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(21-04-2017 08:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.

Thumbsup

I am the Light, I am the Dark, I am the Bendu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT0wngeWWtk

skip to 1:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=youEvZDEetI

Totally off topic but AGH I loved the Bendu in that show!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
16-06-2017, 03:13 PM

Thumbsup

There are two ways to read that passage. The first way is to say that God is directly responsible for both prongs of the dilemma. The second way is to say that by directly doing one, the second one follows necessarily. For example, turning on a light casts shadows, but no one turns on a light for the purpose of creating shadows; but rather, to illuminate the room. I'm not sure many theists would pick-up on that. Don't make the same mistake.
16-06-2017, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2017 03:44 PM by Vera.)
(16-06-2017 03:13 PM)Goshine Wrote:  The second way is to say that by directly doing one, the second one follows necessarily. For example, turning on a light casts shadows, but no one turns on a light for the purpose of creating shadows; but rather, to illuminate the room.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:I'm not sure many theists would pick-up on that. Don't make the same mistake.
Thank god you dropped by to elucidate (get it? Nah, probably not) us, eh?

Can't wait for Bucky to see this.

Also, pretty puny, them thar gods, if they cannot even create a universe where you can't have light without shadows...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
16-06-2017, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2017 07:32 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-06-2017 03:13 PM)Goshine Wrote:  

Thumbsup

There are two ways to read that passage. The first way is to say that God is directly responsible for both prongs of the dilemma. The second way is to say that by directly doing one, the second one follows necessarily. For example, turning on a light casts shadows, but no one turns on a light for the purpose of creating shadows; but rather, to illuminate the room. I'm not sure many theists would pick-up on that. Don't make the same mistake.

Yes mother. Thanks for your patronizing bullshit.
Only *two* ? That's all you got ?
It's not a "dilemma". The quote says nothing about "turning on" anything. It's an origins claim, (as is the part about evil). We know that in the OT there is no concept of "evil" as we think of it today. It's "chaos", (taken directly from Babylonian mythology).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-06-2017, 05:35 PM
(16-06-2017 03:13 PM)Goshine Wrote:  

Thumbsup

Ah yes, so when god hardened Pharaoh's heart so he could show how wondrous he was by killing every first born human and beast in Egypt, that wasn't evil, that was just god turning on a light with the collateral shadow leaving a pile of dead carcasses behind. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post