• 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Another Example of the Insanity of PC Culture
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-35659685

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2016, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2016 05:48 PM by ClydeLee.)
RE: Another Example of the Insanity of PC Culture
This is hard to believe this isn't a comment on the PC Master race with all these similar verbiages being used.

I gotta say their argument it's form Magister is pointlessness. I mean, so? Yes that is the same root as Meister/Maste other languages. It doesn't make it something else. The pint should just be acknowledging words have multiple meanings. It's root there doesn't defend anything. The connection of it having one notion some take as a thing connected to slavery is dumb.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-02-2016, 06:00 PM
What is it with Colleges lately and all this bullshit? College students are becoming an embarrassment, just a bunch of sexually frustrated white-guilt ridden lesbian bitches with way to much time on their hands. Micro-aggression (which aren't a thing), getting books that have been taught for decades removed because they have 1 tiny "micro-aggression" in them or any learning material for that matter and now getting rid of the title "master" even though it has no ties to slavery what-so-ever because they're ignorant of history.

I hate white people they make me so embarrassed to be white.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
27-02-2016, 06:08 PM
Quote:"Race is so traumatic and central an issue in American culture," said Dr Christ.

In breaking news, Harvard Atheist Society demands that Carol Christ change her name citing church/state conflict.
Other students who were suffering from post-operation PTSD called for removal of the title "Doctor".

Meanwhile, the IT Dept has enforced a rule that bans the use of terms like "master copy" or references to "master/slave" data and systems.

Headline from Harvard newsletter Feb 2216:
New classes have been introduced covering forgotten aspects of American history such as slavery. It is believed that students are completely unaware of this subject since the Orwellian measures of 2 centuries ago expunged 'trigger' words from campus vocabulary.

Dodgy

[+] 10 users Like DLJ's post
27-02-2016, 06:19 PM
(27-02-2016 06:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What is it with Colleges lately and all this bullshit? College students are becoming an embarrassment, just a bunch of sexually frustrated white-guilt ridden lesbian bitches with way to much time on their hands.

And those are just the men.

(27-02-2016 06:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I hate white people they make me so embarrassed to be white.

Methoxsalen

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-02-2016, 06:30 PM
(27-02-2016 06:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I hate white people they make me so embarrassed to be white.

Funny, I thought kiwis were green. But we all know its not easy being green.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
27-02-2016, 06:30 PM
(27-02-2016 06:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What is it with Colleges lately and all this bullshit? College students are becoming an embarrassment, just a bunch of sexually frustrated white-guilt ridden lesbian bitches with way to much time on their hands. Micro-aggression (which aren't a thing), getting books that have been taught for decades removed because they have 1 tiny "micro-aggression" in them or any learning material for that matter and now getting rid of the title "master" even though it has no ties to slavery what-so-ever because they're ignorant of history.

I hate white people they make me so embarrassed to be white.

I dunno. BLM is absolute cancer.
27-02-2016, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2016 06:49 PM by cactus.)
My friends and I all proudly described ourselves as "socially liberal" in college (like not even a decade ago), but back then the word didn't have all this extra PC baggage. Or maybe it did and we were all just blissfully unaware.

Now that same-sex marriage is legal, are people just not sure what to get outraged over anymore, so they feel like they need to make things up and circle jerk about how privileged they are?
Ugh, humans Facepalm

Quote:...but will not affect other uses of "master", such as a master's level degree
....wow, You don't say Drinking Beverage

Ok, I'm gonna go masturbate and play some Counter Strike now; relive my college days the good old fashioned way.
You know what, I'll probably even enjoy it, without complaining about how privileged I am to own a computer or a toilet. Cool

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
27-02-2016, 09:15 PM
People need to grow some skin. The whole "PC" thing is a joke.
27-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Thunderf00t does some great videos on this subject.