Another Facepalm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 02:12 PM
RE: Another Facepalm
(31-03-2014 02:09 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 01:57 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I think it would be cool. I mean, Lucifer is always against God. Other than that we don't know. So you can be trying to stop Yahweh from flooding the planet, destroying the cities, sending bears to eat children, etc...
But you leave out key bits of information (like the city names of Soddom and Gamorra) until the end when you face off against Yahweh.

Then have it as an RPG where you can change the past and defeat (or lose/join) Yahweh!

I'd buy the fuck outta that game!

I think it could be taken one step further and never actually come out and specifically state who the characters are. The story line could be subtle enough where the names/locations are changed, but the stories are still the same so that only someone who is very familiar with biblical stories would recognize them as being told from the eyes of lucifer.

Hell, it could start out as simply an underling of a ruler who questions his boss's tyrannical rule and is banished from the kingdom. The entire game is then just about a dude trying to right the wrongs and prevent tragedies from being caused by his former boss.

Keeping the overarching stories, but changing the perspective all the way to the end could have the effect of having theist rooting for the devil and ultimately killing god. I think that would be a more satisfying game, knowing that there are christians out there that won't recognize that the rape they prevented was the Virgin Mary's. Or that the town filled with peace loving hippies that they saved was actually Sodom.

Evil_monster

We should all collaborate on this. The ideas in this thread are amazing. Bowing

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
31-03-2014, 02:13 PM
(31-03-2014 02:09 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 01:57 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I think it would be cool. I mean, Lucifer is always against God. Other than that we don't know. So you can be trying to stop Yahweh from flooding the planet, destroying the cities, sending bears to eat children, etc...
But you leave out key bits of information (like the city names of Soddom and Gamorra) until the end when you face off against Yahweh.

Then have it as an RPG where you can change the past and defeat (or lose/join) Yahweh!

I'd buy the fuck outta that game!

I think it could be taken one step further and never actually come out and specifically state who the characters are. The story line could be subtle enough where the names/locations are changed, but the stories are still the same so that only someone who is very familiar with biblical stories would recognize them as being told from the eyes of lucifer.

Hell, it could start out as simply an underling of a ruler who questions his boss's tyrannical rule and is banished from the kingdom. The entire game is then just about a dude trying to right the wrongs and prevent tragedies from being caused by his former boss.

Keeping the overarching stories, but changing the perspective all the way to the end could have the effect of having theist rooting for the devil and ultimately killing god. I think that would be a more satisfying game, knowing that there are christians out there that won't recognize that the rape they prevented was the Virgin Mary's. Or that the town filled with peace loving hippies that they saved was actually Sodom.

Evil_monster

Consider

I like this, but I also want EVERYONE to KNOW exactly what they did and for who/why. Would make headlines (literally).

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
31-03-2014, 02:15 PM
(31-03-2014 02:12 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 02:09 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I think it could be taken one step further and never actually come out and specifically state who the characters are. The story line could be subtle enough where the names/locations are changed, but the stories are still the same so that only someone who is very familiar with biblical stories would recognize them as being told from the eyes of lucifer.

Evil_monster

We should all collaborate on this. The ideas in this thread are amazing. Bowing

Agreed. We must get our best developers and graphic artists on this immediately!

Atir aissom atir imon
31-03-2014, 02:17 PM
I'll make popcorn and cheer from the sidelines, maybe try my hand at dialog as I have the coding experience of a gerbil.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
31-03-2014, 02:19 PM
(31-03-2014 02:17 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  I'll make popcorn and cheer from the sidelines, maybe try my hand at dialog as I have the coding experience of a gerbil.

No greasy foods; it'll mess up the keyboards! Beat_stick

Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
31-03-2014, 02:36 PM
(31-03-2014 02:19 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 02:17 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  I'll make popcorn and cheer from the sidelines, maybe try my hand at dialog as I have the coding experience of a gerbil.

No greasy foods; it'll mess up the keyboards! Beat_stick

Tongue

Who said I was going to share my popcorn? Blink

Tongue

31-03-2014, 02:43 PM
[Image: 36322495.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
31-03-2014, 02:51 PM
(31-03-2014 02:43 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  [Image: 36322495.jpg]

Frelic, jumps into the pit to gather the... treasure. How much does Frelic get?

[Image: 9f6.gif]
31-03-2014, 02:53 PM
(31-03-2014 02:51 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 02:43 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  [Image: 36322495.jpg]

Frelic, jumps into the pit to gather the... treasure. How much does Frelic get?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-03-2014, 02:54 PM
(31-03-2014 02:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 02:51 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Frelic, jumps into the pit to gather the... treasure. How much does Frelic get?

I knew that was gonna happen didn't I?

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post