Another High School shooter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2018, 05:10 PM
RE: Another High School shooter
(14-02-2018 03:36 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(14-02-2018 03:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You need less availability of idiots to get guns, but with a such lack of tough regulations any idiot can get a gun.

And those on the ban list can just buy a ghost gun kit and make their own. Flat rate shipping price, with delivery by the Post Office right to your door. They take less time and are less intricate than most model airplane kits, and at the end you get working weapon with no registration/serial number. Regulations? Did someone mention regulations? Frusty

Total bullshit.

Yeah - you can put a gun together with no serial number - and if you have access to machine tools, and know how to use them - you can build a gun a bit cheaper - but it' s still not cheap. You would save more shopping around, and buying used.

And as far as serial numbers - so what?? I have several guns without serial numbers -'as they were not legally required.

What magic do you think comes with serial numbers?? Do you honestly think someone intent on murder is even interested in such trivialities?

Just another red herring that does nothing to control the problem - out of control maniacs without morals or a sense of decency.

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-02-2018, 05:18 PM
(14-02-2018 05:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Just another red herring that does nothing to control the problem - out of control maniacs without morals or a sense of decency.
...with guns.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
14-02-2018, 05:25 PM
(14-02-2018 05:18 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(14-02-2018 05:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Just another red herring that does nothing to control the problem - out of control maniacs without morals or a sense of decency.
...with guns.

Guns don't cause the problem.

Ask my dad.

When he went to school - all the boys brought their guns to school during hunting season. Loaded guns were in the classroom ever day. The guns were propped up on the back wall. Loaded.

This was commonplace in rural America - and there were no incidents.

It isn't the availability of guns that has changed.

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
14-02-2018, 05:34 PM
Gun are the problem. You're obdurate denialism is the problem.
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
14-02-2018, 05:39 PM
17 dead so far.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-02-2018, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2018 06:54 PM by Kaneda.)
(14-02-2018 04:31 PM)tomilay Wrote:  We almost need a permanent shooting thread. Maybe a couple of them grouped by location. School shootings, Mall shootings, Movie theater shootings, Night club shootings, Theme park shootings ...

What is really fucked up is the certainty of nothing being done by the authorities. Not even an acknowledgment that America has a problem.

I second this motion. We get enough threads on individual shootings that they’re all starting to bleed together. Since it’s an ongoing problem, I think it sort of makes sense to run coverage through three or four feeds and go from there.

Individual incidents can be devastating for everyone involved, and we can be thoroughly affected when something breaks that is particularly horrendous. But each story always finds its way back to turning into another guns vs. mental health debate, which by custom usually evolves into a shouting match and ends up going nowhere. We don’t need to fall into broken-record mode like this every time an incident makes its way into the news...
14-02-2018, 05:45 PM
(14-02-2018 05:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Six weeks into the new year, sixth school shooting so far...one a week.

"In addition to Wednesday's shooting in Florida, five others resulted in deaths or gunshot wounds:

Oxon Hill High School, Oxon Hill, Md.: A student was shot in the high school's parking lot after a disagreement broke out with two other teens. The student was shot after getting into an SUV in the evening on Feb. 5. The two other teens were charged with attempted murder and other related charges.

Salvador B. Castro Middle School, Los Angeles: A 12-year-old girl accidentally fired a gun she brought to school, resulting in four injuries on Feb. 1. The student had the firearm in her backpack, and the weapon accidentally went off when the bag dropped. A 15-year-old student sustained a gunshot to the head.

Marshall County High School, Benton, Ky.: Two students were killed at a rural high school when a 15-year-old opened fired Jan. 23, injuring more than a dozen other students. The shooter was charged with two counts of murder and a dozen assault charges.

Italy High School, Italy, Texas: A 15-year-old girl was wounded by gunfire when a 16-year-old boy fired several shots inside the school cafeteria Jan. 22. The injured girl was airlifted to a Dallas hospital.

Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, N.C.: A North Carolina college football player was fatally shot at an event on Wake Forest's campus Jan. 20. The 21-year-old walk-on from Winston-Salem State University was killed during a fraternity event.”

I wonder what Congress and the Senate would do if there was a shooting inside the capitol building every week? That won’t happen because the very gun laws they enact are not applicable where they work and they have the money (our money) to enforce them.

"The District also prohibits a person from carrying or having readily accessible a firearm upon the U.S. Capitol Grounds or within any of the Capitol Buildings. “Capitol Buildings” are the U.S. Capitol, the Senate and House Office Buildings and garages, the Capitol Power Plant, all subways and enclosed passages connecting two or more of such structures, and the real property underlying and enclosed by any such structure.”

To class those all together as "school shootings" is neither accurate nor useful.

Only two of them are a shooter entering a school intending to shoot people.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-02-2018, 05:57 PM
(14-02-2018 05:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  17 dead so far.

Fuck...

Ignorance is not to be ignored.
14-02-2018, 06:23 PM
There was an HBO special called Gang Wars: Bangin' In Little Rock that came out in 1994, the year I left there for Kansas City. A documentary showing the unbelievable levels of violence taking place in a city of only 200,000 people.

If I had school to do all over again, I think I'd just go ahead and go back to that^, though.
I don't think we ever hit 17, in a whole year. Undecided

SEVENTEEN dead kids! wtf is wrong with us?

14-02-2018, 06:28 PM
(14-02-2018 05:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-02-2018 05:18 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  ...with guns.

Guns don't cause the problem.

Ask my dad.

When he went to school - all the boys brought their guns to school during hunting season. Loaded guns were in the classroom ever day. The guns were propped up on the back wall. Loaded.

This was commonplace in rural America - and there were no incidents.

It isn't the availability of guns that has changed.

They brought their semi-automatic assault rifles to class ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post