Another Honest Opinion of YOU post :)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-07-2013, 01:12 AM
RE: Another Honest Opinion of YOU post :)
(25-07-2013 01:06 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(17-07-2013 11:29 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Oh boy, lets see what the wonderful LadyJane thinks of A2.

A2.

I think I've always made it clear what my opinion on you is, but I never get sick of telling you. M-O-Ms are like that. Big Grin

I remember you from the podcast first. I remember at that time in my life, my oldest was starting to ask all the philosophical questions children start to contemplate as their awareness starts to grow. I also worked with youth in all kinds of different environments and I LOVE the age group you are in, I feel inspired around people like you as you make the decisions you do. I want to share that, because I want you to know that when I heard your story I was crushed. I don't think you had joined the forum yet, or at least I'm not sure I noticed, and your story rang in my mind for a few days.

That was awhile ago now, and I have seen you grow and change for a year and a half(ish?). I have seen you embrace TTA like family, I've seen you make good friends here. I am also happy to see that you are one of the most caring individuals here, and you have a passion in you that is like a force. These are all good things, because I have seen people in the situations you've been in and it has made them bitter or closed-off. It's made them not trust others or expect the worst all the time. But you, you have a passion for life. I recently read somewhere, "In order to know if you can trust someone (or thing), you have to trust it". It seems that's the only way, and you have embraced new experiences, tried new things, explored concepts and formed opinions based on the knowledge you have. I hope you keep that sense of adventure and face life like that, with that attitude and vivaciousness. I hope you let me see where you go and that we stay connected like we do. I really love the mom role you've let me adopt, I'd be your real mom in a heart-beat, I'd be- and I am- proud. Heart

Might have been the cancer kid movie I watched on Netflix aftershocks, but when I read this, I started to tear up.

Thank you LJ.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
25-07-2013, 01:57 AM
(18-07-2013 10:12 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I bet you cant do me
Drinking Beverage
LadyJane is a nice person,always giving good advice to people, and there is something ninja-y about her pic.

Hey! I just met you. And this is crazy! But here's my number, so call me maybe!

Ha ha! I J/J

You are right, you are a wee babe around here, only a month old. But you're not colicky or anything. You are like the baby who reaches all its milestones quickly. You've debated, you've laughed, you've played. Now to make you cry. (I kidd again). You've begun to make your home here. I've run into you on a few of the threads, and I've read a few more of your posts. You are light and fun, you've made me chuckle a few times. You also have a ninja-esq punch in some responses, if it was poetry it would be an aggressive slam poetry. I imagine in real life you would be super fun to hang out with.

Stick around awhile longer, maybe I'd have some more specifics to say. A belated welcome, too. Smile
25-07-2013, 03:46 AM
(18-07-2013 05:51 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(17-07-2013 10:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  shoot

Earmuffs. When I first noticed you on these forums over a year ago it was pure entertainment from the start and I grew attached right away. I know the feeling isn't mutual, you clearly don't give your love freely, but for me it was instant. I love you muffs. I LOVE YHeartU!!! But, it was not like with the others. Other people come and make TTA their home by building sweet little nests or comfy straw beds. You burrowed your way in like a botfly and strung up your wasp nest, mainly in the ranting thread. You moved right in and flung your shit everywhere. Eau de Earmuffs.

Your satirical, dry wit gained you both favour and fervour from TTA members alike. You know how you love the grumpy cat? You are the grumpy cat, and that's how I feel about you. I am not sure if others feel this way about you, perhaps you strike a different chord with them, but my brother and nephew are like this so you rub me the right way, I relish in your mis-delight in life. Somehow, though, with all your bitter it seems like there is this sweet coating on you. You are like a stuffy trying to be spiky but you're too fluffy and cute that I can't see the spikes. I am not saying you are a joke, though you would make such a good TV series or indie film- or maybe a late night show host with your speedy wit- though that would be the weirdest program thus far. I still see your own dedication, drive and will to follow the things you want from life. I can picture you the billionaire you want to be with all your cold hard cash, thinking you have void your life of feeling -except you'll have fallen in love with someone who balances you and can handle you, and you have your own cat whom you (maybe secretly) buy birthday presents for.

If I met you in life I'd be fighting the urge to squish you cuz I'd be scared you'd run away like a scaredy-cat and I'd later find your corpse in a pipe that you stuffed yourself in to get away. SQUISHY Heart MUFFS!!!

Dodgy I would never buy my cat birthday presents...

Heart's though.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
25-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Aight, person I barely now. Tear me a new one.

... this is my signature!
25-07-2013, 02:16 PM
(25-07-2013 12:35 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Good thing for me, I never put a time limit on when I'd answer. Big Grin No coke necessary here. Also, my apologies for the wait since the other posts. Life and all that.

DL.

I noticed your posts within the first few entries right away. You have a strong presence here. At first I'll admit I misread you. You seemed (to me) abrasive and I was worried you'd be one of those posters who I had to avoid when they'd post (which isn't too many, but still). I don't know what gave me that impression when you first joined, but I remember feeling that way. I'm not one to have first impressions stick, though, as I like to understand where people are coming from. The more I got to know you, the quicker you became someone I looked forward to hearing from and I realized I completely misread what you were saying. You are funny, and a sarcastic intelligence often comes across in your posts. This is funny because, it just dawned on me, this suits your name so well. I also notice how you take time to explain where you're coming from by using your life experiences as examples and this has made me learn a lot about you, the military and your culture. You've helped me think outside the box on a few occasions and I'm thankful for that. Your vast life experiences bring insight into your conversations, and that's a great opportunity for TTA forums to embrace. You've become a pal. Shy

Woohoo! I have a pal Hug

26-07-2013, 06:40 PM
(25-07-2013 01:57 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(18-07-2013 10:12 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I bet you cant do me
Drinking Beverage
LadyJane is a nice person,always giving good advice to people, and there is something ninja-y about her pic.

Hey! I just met you. And this is crazy! But here's my number, so call me maybe!

Ha ha! I J/J

You are right, you are a wee babe around here, only a month old. But you're not colicky or anything. You are like the baby who reaches all its milestones quickly. You've debated, you've laughed, you've played. Now to make you cry. (I kidd again). You've begun to make your home here. I've run into you on a few of the threads, and I've read a few more of your posts. You are light and fun, you've made me chuckle a few times. You also have a ninja-esq punch in some responses, if it was poetry it would be an aggressive slam poetry. I imagine in real life you would be super fun to hang out with.

Stick around awhile longer, maybe I'd have some more specifics to say. A belated welcome, too. Smile
[Image: tears-of-joy3.jpg]
such nice words....
Thanks ladyJane

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
11-08-2013, 02:45 PM
I haven't forgot about this, I am not near a keyboard for awhile. I'll continue later. Patience is a skill (not a virtue Shy )
11-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Did you really just use an ICQ number? Man... what is this the 90s?

*teehee*

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
09-09-2013, 12:15 AM
(20-07-2013 05:36 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  You are one of only 3 or 4 people who post anything good in the "What are you listening to" thread. Good day..

(oh wait, this is about LJ's opinion of the posters)

The first thing I noticed about you was your name. This might seem like the obvious thing, however for me I often overlook a name... names don't stick and I have to work extra hard at remembering them. I remember other visual cues IRL, or online I often remember an avatar or something else. But for you, the statement of your name spoke to me. I am very conscious of the fact we (as creatures and humans with a conscious mind) are everything looking back at itself and we are not separate and this makes me happy- your name stating this struck a chord with me and I can see you are also a person who contemplates this, which I am astounded that many actually don't think about so much. So kudos for that!

Around the forum, you are someone who is raw and honest. You say what you feel and that resonates with me. You are open and you explain things from your perspective in a real way. You are pretty passionate and often describe where you are coming from vividly, you strike me as someone who lives fully. I notice you are spending less time here lately. Hoping things are going okay for you! Shy
09-09-2013, 12:34 AM
(20-07-2013 06:11 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I'm curious to hear your opinion on me Thumbsup

I've always received the vibe that you are a super serious person except you still crack me up (???). You seem to have this serious and all-business presence, kinda 'tough' (but not 'tough guy'), but then you have these one liners or things you say or do and they crack me up. You also seem to absorb knowledge like a sponge and dispense it like a pez, and I love this! I see you as someone who is very practical and can't understand the frivolous or flighty side of things when it comes to certain concepts that 'matter'. It seems like you want to progress faster than time will allow. You have ideas that you wanted complete yesterday. This is the exact passion or vibrant ambition I love to see in people of your generation and it makes me so super excited, of course, for the future you have... but I also get sad because I feel pangs of... not jealous, maybe envy- I want to see where life goes with people like you after my time here is over. I hope to at least share a glimpse with you over the next few years... it's already been a couple, anyway. Wink