Another Honest Opinion of YOU post :)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-09-2013, 01:25 AM
RE: Another Honest Opinion of YOU post :)
(21-07-2013 02:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  LJ's opinion of DLJ...

Make it a good one.

Smile

I don't think I could have a bad opinion about you Wink You're a staple here.

When you first arrived on scene you were very different than you are now. You were overly formal and polite. This was of course due to your green presence in forums in general and it was pretty cute to witness.

As you became more relaxed it has been fun to get to know you. Extremely playful, pretty boisterous, and also quite edgy from the conservative norm. You are a pretty open individual, and quite inviting. Especially in conversation and experience. I believe, though, I've heard a term- I think it was Anj who coined it for you maybe- as the man of mystery. I can't help but think, despite how open you've been to the more sensitive side of your life- your kids, divorce, career woes and success and all this, that there is something else 'mystery' wise about you. Not sure.

Your acute intelligence has often thrown me off and sent me into a google storm or wikipedia rampage, either trying to figure out more about what you are saying or to understand it at all (kinda humiliating but true). If we were in person I'd wish to indulge in picking your brain for all it's worth except I'd probably hold back for fear it'd feel like an interrogation. (Whoa, that was more a confession than an opinion, Blush )

You are someone who I think had worked through life in perseverance, as if 'stood at the gates of hell, but won't back down'. I just hope you're truly happy and proud of where you've come and gone, coming from an internet-never-met-in-real-life-or-even-on-skype friend. Shy

(I'll let girly rest for this one) (I'm also getting back at you for the 'Three Times a Lady' Dodgy )

An overall joy, and although you contemplated taking a hiatus I am glad you've returned to entertain and enlighten us all.

Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
09-09-2013, 01:40 AM
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Please.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-09-2013, 01:56 AM
So just your typical aquarian, I guess.

(09-09-2013 01:25 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  ...
I just hope you're truly ... proud of where you've come Laughat

09-09-2013, 03:15 AM
(21-07-2013 02:43 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yo.

Hit me.

Oh FT. So young, yet so old. How many times have you been offered a drink? Has anyone called you Gramps yet? Why is this? I get a chuckle out of your mature demeanour at TTA, everyone expects you to be older than the truth. Maybe you chalk it up to being anonymous on the internet, but other's your age don't hide their age as well.

I think this is from a combination of many things. For a long while when you joined TTA, I was under the impression your were my age or older until I read you correcting someone one day. I drew my conclusions from your conduct, your knowledge and your mature opinions. I think that's a noble approach, yes?

If I imagine you in real life though, it leads me to someone who would remind me of my brother. Someone who takes things seriously and maybe even has a more sensitive side. A serious-sensitive. I love this combination in a guy, makes me think there is much purpose in what you think and how you behave. However, I've seen you be super ridiculous and on occasion even kinda sarcastic or cynic (in all good ways Wink ), so there is balance.

You are one person I am curious to know your online person vs your in real life persona. As much as I observe here, you are one person I truly wish I could know more if I spent more time at TTA, you are someone I think of when I think of who TTA is as a collective, like my lil' bro is a part of my family.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
09-09-2013, 03:36 AM
(21-07-2013 08:04 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Hit me! Wait... not physically...

Logisch!

Guy I have no idea what your name means, and have never seen it explained anywhere. (What is the story?)

One, single, large thing comes to mind when I see you here at TTA- and other's should be jealous about-....

... your telescopic lens. I think you have more than one though, so that should be made plural.

Your love for space is infectious. By the way, I'm already infected with that= but you infect it more. I am a very visual person and you keep throwing up these photos of all the cool beyond-the-beyond stuff that I can't even touch with my equipment. I love it!

And when you describe your passions, such as hurling yourself from flying objects, it brings me to a place I once knew. I used to be a lot like you. I skydived, mountain climbed, surfed- I embraced every bit of life without any fear, and I loved it. Somewhere since that time I became almost the opposite. Neither is bad nor good, don't get me wrong, but I miss the old me. I had shit happen and I became quite protective over the things I love. I find comfort in security and safety.

A few months ago I was reading a post of yours and this all dawned on me. If people think their posts aren't impacting others here, they are wrong. Your descriptions of your experiences made what I used to know and understand tangible and I have aspired to gain some of that back. A slow, partially calculated process.

I hope you see this life in yourself, and I hope you know it sparks others. I love your posts, I love your questions (I particularly loved your thread about having kids, wherever that leads you) I just love that you ask the questions and experience the experiences. You're doing it right. Thumbsup Thats my humble opinion.
09-09-2013, 03:54 AM
I asume logisch means logical. Cuz logisch means logical in dutch and german and dutch have many similarities. But only google translate will tell,and they banned me for translating some... things

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
09-09-2013, 04:06 AM
(09-09-2013 03:54 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  I asume logisch means logical. Cuz logisch means logical in dutch and german and dutch have many similarities. But only google translate will tell,and they banned me for translating some... things

Thank you for enlightening me of this possibility. Smile I tried to define it via my laptop dictionary and found nothing. I didn't think of translating, I'm so limited.
09-09-2013, 12:38 PM
(09-09-2013 01:25 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  (I'll let girly rest for this one) (I'm also getting back at you for the 'Three Times a Lady' Dodgy )

That's just fucking twisted cruel on so many different levels. First you say you giving me a break, then you add a dangling reference just for fun, of like the sappiest song ever. You're a mean crazy cat lady.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-09-2013, 01:47 PM
(09-09-2013 12:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 01:25 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  (I'll let girly rest for this one) (I'm also getting back at you for the 'Three Times a Lady' Dodgy )

That's just fucking twisted cruel on so many different levels. First you say you giving me a break, then you add a dangling reference just for fun, of like the sappiest song ever. You're a mean crazy cat lady.

This is twice now I have actually LOL'd because of Girly's posts today. We Heart ya Girly.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Usually I cringe at the thought of hearing someone else's opinion of me, but what the hell.

Be gentle with me. Shy

(nah, let me have it, I got my big boy panties on)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco