Another Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Another Introduction
Hello everyone! I have lurked a few days and I think I am brave enough to post an introduction now. I am relatively shy and I have a lot to learn, so I imagine I will read more than I post here. However, I wanted to at least post an introduction.

I live in a small town in TN and I feel, at times, that I am the only one that feels the way I feel. I am hesitant to call myself an atheist as I am still on a de-conversion journey but in my world, where I am surrounded by people who feel the need to bring me back to the "fold", I need to balance it out with those who do feel similar to me.

I don't want to get too wordy, but my story is not unlike a lot of other people. Being from the South, my family went to church every Sunday and Wednesday night. The public schools I was zoned for were horrible, so my parents sent me to a private christian school. I went from kindergarten through 12th grade. I was indoctrinated from a young age. Even from my young age, none of it made sense. I spent most of my life pretending to be the "good christian girl" I was supposed to be. Hell, at times I prayed so hard to be like everyone else. There have been many events in my life that pushed me towards unbelief, but now that I have kids of my own, it's even more strong. I don't want my children to grow up like I did.

So, here I am. Not sure what I believe anymore. I do know I have a lot to learn. Looking forward to being a part of this community.

~Jess
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: Another Introduction
Welcome, Jess!

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Another Introduction
Welcome Smile