Another Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Another Introduction
Born and raised into a fundamental Baptist family.
Was in the church every time the doors were open and then some...
Attended private-Christian Bible Believing school until 11th grade

Went to public school for the first time in 12th grade. Realized that other kids weren't the horrible heathens I had been taught to believe. Huh Went through major culture shock.

Then I started wondering what else they had taught me that was ALL WRONG...

Turned into years of dabbling in what I now hear of as "the Woo"
Catholicism, - since its so damn - well, paganistic
Which went to Unitarian Universalism
Well, I would still go to a UU fellowship if the one locally wasn't so gd snobby.

I'm still fascinated with religion. I don't seem to have the same passion for science, but, I went to Christian School (brainwashed) and really had NO scientific teaching that was ever actually scientific. (Sex Ed? What's that? I didn't even know how a baby was friggin' made by the time I was 18.)

Not sure if there are many others out there like me. I love listening to the podcasts which is how I found out about the forums. There seem to be so very few people who even have a clue what it's like to live in the strict, Christian household.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2013, 08:08 PM
RE: Another Introduction
(20-05-2013 07:38 PM)aquaquilter Wrote:  Born and raised into a fundamental Baptist family.
Was in the church every time the doors were open and then some...
Attended private-Christian Bible Believing school until 11th grade

Went to public school for the first time in 12th grade. Realized that other kids weren't the horrible heathens I had been taught to believe. Huh Went through major culture shock.

Then I started wondering what else they had taught me that was ALL WRONG...

Turned into years of dabbling in what I now hear of as "the Woo"
Catholicism, - since its so damn - well, paganistic
Which went to Unitarian Universalism
Well, I would still go to a UU fellowship if the one locally wasn't so gd snobby.

I'm still fascinated with religion. I don't seem to have the same passion for science, but, I went to Christian School (brainwashed) and really had NO scientific teaching that was ever actually scientific. (Sex Ed? What's that? I didn't even know how a baby was friggin' made by the time I was 18.)

Not sure if there are many others out there like me. I love listening to the podcasts which is how I found out about the forums. There seem to be so very few people who even have a clue what it's like to live in the strict, Christian household.

Actually about 3/4 of all of us here (according to a survey we have on the forum) know too well what its like to live in a strict Xtian household. Some in here have stories that will curl your hair. So have a seat at the table and join the discussions.

Welcome.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Welcome Home, Aqua!

“My view is that if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
20-05-2013, 08:47 PM
(20-05-2013 08:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Actually about 3/4 of all of us here (according to a survey we have on the forum) know too well what its like to live in a strict Xtian household. Some in here have stories that will curl your hair.

Ugh. No While I'm glad the others will "get it" it kinda sucks that they do too!