Another Jesse statue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Another Jesse statue
But this time in Poland. I just wonder who took the time machine trip this time to see what he looked like.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...tatue.html

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2010, 10:34 PM

RE: Another Jesse statue
It's like a gigantic sign asking god to pay attention to Poland!
HEY UP THERE! We spend money our poor could have used, so if you'll just answer a few prayers down here now that you know where to find us...
Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Apparently it was designed primarily for tourist purposes. They seem to think tourists would be flooding the country once the statue is completed. And they may well be right. But I wonder if they'd leave that headpiece on. It gives the whole thing a very modern art look, plus it sort of resembles a cross of thorns.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2010, 05:41 PM

(19-10-2010 12:26 AM)Juppers Wrote:  Apparently it was designed primarily for tourist purposes. They seem to think tourists would be flooding the country once the statue is completed. And they may well be right. But I wonder if they'd leave that headpiece on. It gives the whole thing a very modern art look, plus it sort of resembles a cross of thorns.
I agree. The thorns should stay, because it does give it a more unique look and it set's it apart from the JC statue in Brazil.
[Image: 152747.jpg]

Just as an FYI, there's a crown of thorns bush, that makes for a natural security fencing, that looks just about like that what appears in the OP picture. Very effective as a natural security fence.
Quote this message in a reply