Another Twitter skirmish

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2016, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2016 10:37 PM by Full Circle.)
Another Twitter skirmish
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/us/pol....html?_r=0

"A surprising confrontation erupted on Saturday between President-elect Donald J. Trump and the cast and creators of the Broadway hit “Hamilton,” setting off furious debate over American principles like free speech, respect and the ability to challenge authority in the Trump era.

President-elect Trump demanded an apology from the cast for making a rare, politically charged appeal from the stage on Friday night to Vice President-elect Mike Pence, who was in the audience, urging him and Mr. Trump to “uphold our American values” and “work on behalf of all of us.” Mr. Trump’s response significantly escalated an unusual protest inside a theater into a furor on social media and cable news.”

"As Mr. Pence stood by the exit doors, Mr. Dixon said, “We, sir, are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us — our planet, our children, our parents — or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us. All of us.”

[Image: 20pence-3-blog427.jpg]

The man simply does not have the temperament to hold the office of the presidency. Facepalm I’m not sure if I agree with what the cast did, I’d like to hear your thoughts. What I do think is that Trump’s tweet sounds childish and below the dignity of the office, he should have simply ignored it and let Pence craft a response if he so wished.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-11-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: Another Twitter skirmish
Speech imbedded in this article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/mik...pe=article

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-11-2016, 11:52 PM
Let's see, how many people was trump rude and insulting to in the last 6 months?

The handicap is a good start.....

[Image: resize-e689044b938f9e90d1ef77b3cac54e07-...w-300.jpeg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-11-2016, 02:11 AM
I wonder how he will handle lobbyists who will tell him how he should run the country if thinks this is harassment of a political figure. That's the "problem" when you are President, everybody wants to have a say so and think they can handle some issues better than you. The worst about it is that sometime, they are right.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
20-11-2016, 02:31 AM
The fact that this surprises none of us, that he'd react negatively to a call for solidarity and the respect of all American citizens, is itself mortifying? That he still got elected despite the fact that this does not surprise anybody, when it should make us all sick to our stomachs? That's repulsive.

Some actors in a play made a plea to an elected official to respect the values held in the Constitution, the nerve!

Remember the good old days when just being anti-war made you un-American? Now being pro-Constitution raises the ire of the President-elect.

We are fucked...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-11-2016, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2016 07:22 AM by Gert Heide.)
If Trump had advisers who were sincerely interested in fighting his corner, they'd tell him to ignore things like this. Demanding apologies for trivial slights [and it was not even Donald the Magnificent being booed or told off] is the sort of thing that sociopaths and thugs who've oozed their way into high office, like his friend in the Kremlin, do in such situations. The indications increasingly are that Trump has only careerist flunkeys at his side and that they're used to feeding him with uncritical approval of absolutely anything he says and does. Many of the world's nations have leaders who are complete assholes. Generally, though, they're not up for re-election in a few years. Trump probably won't be fit enough to bother standing in 2020, hence the cry-baby czarevich behaviour.
20-11-2016, 10:21 AM
I remember when Barack Obama was booed by another congressmen, or was it a senator, during the State of the Union speech and Obama didn't ask for an apologize. Also, it's hard to know who the audience members were that booed Pence but a large portion of Broadway musical audiences are tourists from out of town. Many are from Middle America who travel to NYC to see the shows. They may have been New York City natives but they also could have been from elsewhere.

20-11-2016, 10:45 AM
[Image: sosad_zpsh6ybicoo.jpg]

#sigh
20-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Actually, I hope trump keeps this up. I hope he keeps posting on Twitter constantly, several times a day. I hope it gets to a point that is so insane and out of control that even his staunch supporters finally realize that he's a sick man and needs to be institutionalized.........permanently !

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
20-11-2016, 11:22 AM
The inmates are finally running the asylum.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post