Another argument why Nazi-germany wasnt particularly atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 09:46 AM
RE: Another argument why Nazi-germany wasnt particularly atheist
(03-10-2017 09:23 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 09:18 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  If my prof. for the "Hitler and the Holocaust" class at Purdue was still alive I'd direct you to him.

I could still sent my books on subject of Hitler and Shoah to you. If I wish to part with them that is.

No need. My Masters was on US Interception of Japanese Diplomatic Communications Prior to Dec. 8th, 1941 and Mistranslations of Certain Japanese Words and Phrases. I did have a good time in Prof. Mork's classes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 09:49 AM
(03-10-2017 09:46 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 09:23 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I could still sent my books on subject of Hitler and Shoah to you. If I wish to part with them that is.

No need. My Masters was on US Interception of Japanese Diplomatic Communications Prior to Dec. 8th, 1941 and Mistranslations of Certain Japanese Words and Phrases. I did have a good time in Prof. Mork's classes.

Good for you. I'm certain that knowing how certain Japanese words were mistranslated gave you unmatched insight into Hitler worldview as it was pertaining to Jews. Drinking Beverage

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
03-10-2017, 10:18 AM
(03-10-2017 09:49 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 09:46 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  No need. My Masters was on US Interception of Japanese Diplomatic Communications Prior to Dec. 8th, 1941 and Mistranslations of Certain Japanese Words and Phrases. I did have a good time in Prof. Mork's classes.

Good for you. I'm certain that knowing how certain Japanese words were mistranslated gave you unmatched insight into Hitler worldview as it was pertaining to Jews. Drinking Beverage

I swooshed you there, didn't I.
03-10-2017, 10:29 AM
(03-10-2017 10:18 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 09:49 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Good for you. I'm certain that knowing how certain Japanese words were mistranslated gave you unmatched insight into Hitler worldview as it was pertaining to Jews. Drinking Beverage

I swooshed you there, didn't I.
You didn't impressed me if that's what you mean by word which definition is "to make or move with a rushing sound".

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-10-2017, 10:45 PM
You don't even have to go so far to demonstrate that Hitler wasn't an atheist, because there's the fact that atheism, by itself, doesn't lead to fascism in the first place. A lack of critical thinking, however, does lead to fascism.
05-10-2017, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2017 01:44 AM by Banjo.)

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
05-10-2017, 03:53 AM
(03-10-2017 10:29 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 10:18 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I swooshed you there, didn't I.
You didn't impressed me if that's what you mean by word which definition is "to make or move with a rushing sound".

Rarely feel the need to impress anyone on the 'Net.
05-10-2017, 05:14 AM
(05-10-2017 03:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 10:29 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  You didn't impressed me if that's what you mean by word which definition is "to make or move with a rushing sound".

Rarely feel the need to impress anyone on the 'Net.

Good to know.

Mikhail Bakunin.
02-11-2017, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2017 05:18 PM by Cheerful Charlie.)
In 1939, Germany held the last full census before Germany plunged the world into WWII. 95% of Germans claimed t be Christians. Germans were taxed to support their churches (Catholic or Protestant.) Only 5% claimed not to be Christian and 2% of that were Jews.

“It is impossible for someone to lie unless he thinks he knows the truth. Producing bullshit requires no such conviction.”
― Harry G. Frankfurt, On Bullshit

Cheerful Charlie
02-11-2017, 05:13 PM
(03-10-2017 06:48 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 06:00 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I dont thnik so, Biker dude, if i understood you correctly. Because half of germans are protestant and half are catholic. Half of germans couldnt have been bothered by what Luther had to say about Jews for the past 500y, or the Nazis because of what Luther said, because they always were catholic. It was in fact members of the catholic church that much more resisted the nazis than the protestant church.

So, 3rd Reich antisemitism hardly can be attributed to protestantism alone . It can be attributed to Christianity tho, because before Luther, the Jews already had to suffer enormously from discrimination and violence under a 100% catholic Holy Roman empire that was permeated by this religion thoroughly. Lets not forget that in the times of the crusades this always present (catholic) antisemitism led to pogroms and mass murders which often are overlooked in face of the much more thrilling events the crusades themselves thriggered outside of central europe.

However, and credit has to be given for that too, during persecutions of jews quite often clerics up to the (very polictical!) ranks of bishops also tried to protect them Jews. As we all know probably in spite of and not because of their religion.

I think the point is that Antisemitism was a part of Germanic culture (and consequently German Protestantism) for centuries.
It doesn't happen in a vacuum. Luther didn't steer the entirety of German culture toward Antisemitism. He enunciated it.
I mean call me crazy but when a figure as influential as Luther writes things titled "The Jews and All Their Lies" I'd say that's a bit of a smoking gun.
I doubt it's a coincidence that things progressed as they did.

After Napoleon defeated the Germans states in 1806, and rescinded all anti-Jewish laws, there was a wild reaction that followed. There was an explosion of anti-semitism and the start of the Volkish movement as a reaction. And it was lead by Germany's intelligentsia and was rampant in German Universities.

There is an interesting article "Heil Professor" that examines the rise of virulent anti-Semitism that laid the ground work for the Nazis and the Final Solution.

http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArti...ARTID=3634
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hep-Hep_riots

“It is impossible for someone to lie unless he thinks he knows the truth. Producing bullshit requires no such conviction.”
― Harry G. Frankfurt, On Bullshit

Cheerful Charlie