Another argument why Nazi-germany wasnt particularly atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2017, 06:23 PM
RE: Another argument why Nazi-germany wasnt particularly atheist
(03-10-2017 01:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Well,

today, its July, 4th here in Germany Big Grin

Wait, I thought you guys were eight hours ahead, not eight months. What's up with that?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2017, 06:34 PM
(03-10-2017 03:09 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 02:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I should specify. I don't mean the Military as one whole. I am referring to individual soldiers within the ranks.

Wikipedia claims that Although German armies were still on enemy soil as the war ended, the generals, the civilian leadership—and indeed the soldiers and the people—knew all was hopeless. They started looking for scapegoats. But that's only Wikipedia.

I think that (some?) soldiers might have knew, but there is difference between knowing something and accepting such knowledge.

Ludendorff was very happy to throw the Kaiser under the bus. Fair or not, I assign some of the blame for the rise of the NSDAP to him, both for his revisionism and his lending his name and presence at the Beer Hall.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
02-11-2017, 06:40 PM
(03-10-2017 05:47 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  The atisemitism of the third reich was transparently an aspect of German protestantism
Martin Luther wrote a treatise in 1543 entitled "The Jews And All Their Lies"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jew...Their_Lies

Quote:In the treatise, he argues that Jewish synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes burned, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness,[2] afforded no legal protection,[3] and "these poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time.[4] He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[W]e are at fault in not slaying them".[5]

The roots of the final solution could not be more clearly religious.

Religion was the skeleton of the body of NaZiism. Antisemites of all stripes drew inspiration from Luther's fulminations in the 19th and early-20th centuries.

The passage you've quoted foreshadows Kristallnacht very closely. I doubt it's a coincidence.
02-11-2017, 07:27 PM
(05-10-2017 03:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 10:29 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  You didn't impressed me if that's what you mean by word which definition is "to make or move with a rushing sound".

Rarely feel the need to impress anyone on the 'Net.

Should probably not flaunt credentials etc so much then, to avoid giving the whiff.
02-11-2017, 10:25 PM
(02-11-2017 06:40 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 05:47 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  The atisemitism of the third reich was transparently an aspect of German protestantism
Martin Luther wrote a treatise in 1543 entitled "The Jews And All Their Lies"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jew...Their_Lies

The roots of the final solution could not be more clearly religious.

Religion was the skeleton of the body of NaZiism. Antisemites of all stripes drew inspiration from Luther's fulminations in the 19th and early-20th centuries.

The passage you've quoted foreshadows Kristallnacht very closely. I doubt it's a coincidence.

Religion played a role in Endlosung (good coverage is in Raul Hilberg "The Destruction of the European Jews") but it was more backlash against Jews emancipation and new kind of antisemitism, racial one, where "guilt" of being Jew couldn't be erased by being christened (more can be found in Peter Hayes "Why? Explaining the Holocaust"). Russian Revolution also played a role in stirding hatred of Jews as bolshevism in Nazi viw at least was Jewish invention.

Skeleton body of Nazism was nationalism and longing for spirit of national community I would say, even if Hitler used religious language and sometimes was described in religious way (Grunberger, "A Social History of III Reich").

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post