Another catholic "winner"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2012, 12:33 PM
RE: Another catholic "winner"
(31-08-2012 11:12 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 04:37 PM)darcie Wrote:  http://gawker.com/5939320/prominent-cath...he-seducer

Nice! Another blame the victim asshole, the victim in this case being child sexual victims.

Another win, catholic church!Lecture_preist
Disgusting! It sounds like the excuses he uses when he molests kids. Angry

Apology, Sort Of

So he didn't ~really~ mean what he said and besides, he's got a really really good excuse.................... Dodgy

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2012, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 03:40 PM by Impulse.)
(31-08-2012 12:33 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 11:12 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Disgusting! It sounds like the excuses he uses when he molests kids. Angry

Apology, Sort Of

So he didn't ~really~ mean what he said and besides, he's got a really really good excuse.................... Dodgy
Yeah... when all else fails, blame the failing/aging mind... Dodgy

From your link, this is equally disturbing:

Quote:The interview was removed from the National Catholic Register's website and initially replaced by a note from the editor-in-chief, Jeanette R. De Melo, calling it "an editorial mistake."

"[G]iven Father Benedict's stellar history over many years, we released his interview without our usual screening and oversight. We have removed the story. We have sought clarification from Father Benedict."
I wonder how much more gets hidden screened by their editors that we never see...

"Stellar history"... Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
31-08-2012, 03:03 PM
wow - I'm surprised they issued such a quick "apology" and statement.

However, his interview did not seem confused as printed, with clear references to sandusky and thought-out responses to scenarios ie first offenders, etc.

Still screams of priest-abuse by youngsters to me; he's obviously a victim. Instead of screening his words maybe someone should screen any kids he's in contact with for abusive tendencies toward priests and father figures.

I am still offended. Apology not accepted.

The preachers deal with men of straw, as they are men of straw themselves -
Henry David Thoreau

Without god, life is everything