Another catholic "winner"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2012, 12:33 PM
RE: Another catholic "winner"
(31-08-2012 11:12 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 04:37 PM)darcie Wrote:  http://gawker.com/5939320/prominent-cath...he-seducer

Nice! Another blame the victim asshole, the victim in this case being child sexual victims.

Another win, catholic church!Lecture_preist
Disgusting! It sounds like the excuses he uses when he molests kids. Angry

Apology, Sort Of

So he didn't ~really~ mean what he said and besides, he's got a really really good excuse.................... Dodgy

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2012, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 03:40 PM by Impulse.)
(31-08-2012 12:33 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 11:12 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Disgusting! It sounds like the excuses he uses when he molests kids. Angry

Apology, Sort Of

So he didn't ~really~ mean what he said and besides, he's got a really really good excuse.................... Dodgy
Yeah... when all else fails, blame the failing/aging mind... Dodgy

From your link, this is equally disturbing:

Quote:The interview was removed from the National Catholic Register's website and initially replaced by a note from the editor-in-chief, Jeanette R. De Melo, calling it "an editorial mistake."

"[G]iven Father Benedict's stellar history over many years, we released his interview without our usual screening and oversight. We have removed the story. We have sought clarification from Father Benedict."
I wonder how much more gets hidden screened by their editors that we never see...

"Stellar history"... Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
31-08-2012, 03:03 PM
wow - I'm surprised they issued such a quick "apology" and statement.

However, his interview did not seem confused as printed, with clear references to sandusky and thought-out responses to scenarios ie first offenders, etc.

Still screams of priest-abuse by youngsters to me; he's obviously a victim. Instead of screening his words maybe someone should screen any kids he's in contact with for abusive tendencies toward priests and father figures.

I am still offended. Apology not accepted.

The preachers deal with men of straw, as they are men of straw themselves -
Henry David Thoreau

Without god, life is everything