Another contradiction in the bible?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-05-2012, 09:59 PM
RE: Another contradiction in the bible?
(04-05-2012 09:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We are seriously NOT discussing "hell" are we ?

First of all, you have to: a. ) go, and b.) there.

[Image: 514C6XKMJXL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic..._OU01_.jpg]
My friends have for years called me "Satan" and said that I died, god kicked my butt out of heaven and sent me to hell, then the devil said "screw this" and kicked my butt back to earth. Let me tell you, there's nothing quite like working at a SAMS club back in the 90s have a friend walk in and scream "SATAN!" that's something really neat there.

Although I do find hell to be more fascinating than heaven, in a concept that people believe at least (as I don't believe in either).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like elemts's post
04-05-2012, 10:20 PM
(04-05-2012 06:00 PM)reindeer Wrote:  If the souls in hell...

There ain't no hell.

Bible begins with the presupposition of god. Holy Spirit is the physicality of god. Evil is forbidden in the presence of god. Add those three ingredients, it becomes clear than any mention of hell can only be parable. Unless of course the one speaking about hell is just plain evil. Or KC, who's just misguided.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2012, 10:43 PM
(04-05-2012 10:20 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

There ain't no hell.

Bible begins with the presupposition of god. Holy Spirit is the physicality of god. Evil is forbidden in the presence of god. Add those three ingredients, it becomes clear than any mention of hell can only be parable. Unless of course the one speaking about hell is just plain evil. Or KC, who's just misguided.
"Hell is other people"_________ Jean Paul Sartre.
04-05-2012, 11:34 PM
(04-05-2012 10:43 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  "Hell is other people"_________ Jean Paul Sartre.

Garçon, mon ami, t'as que le droit, fuckhead . Simone de Beauvoir Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-05-2012, 12:11 AM
(04-05-2012 06:00 PM)reindeer Wrote:  Okay I have been thinking lately about this and do not flame me for this since I am not saying I am right.

If the souls in hell will be suffering for eternity. How can the apocalypse happen? When all the evil dead people will fight against all the good dead people?
And why would satan punish someone who denies God?
What contradiction are you talking about?

The dead wouldn't help satan after being tortured?
Or
The dead wouldn't be suffering if they were at war with the good?

My question is if there is a battle between dead people, then wouldn't the side with more dead people win? We are talking about a quarter of a million years of people born prior to Christianity. There has been 107 Billion people born on the planet earth since we evolved. That is a lot of Heathens. We are talking like 100 to 1 odds here. So does god better equip his dead soldiers?
05-05-2012, 01:56 AM
(04-05-2012 11:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-05-2012 10:43 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  "Hell is other people"_________ Jean Paul Sartre.

Garçon, mon ami, t'as que le droit, fuckhead . Simone de Beauvoir Tongue
Anyhow Simone loved him, wall eye and all, despite that very realistic streak of existential angst..... Hobo
05-05-2012, 01:03 PM
(04-05-2012 10:20 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

There ain't no hell.

I don't believe in hell I just since I'm an atheist Tongue I just came up with one more contradiction to the list.

A rebellious atheist since nineteen ninety five.

I killed your god and replaced it with myself! So bow before my supremacy my sheeps.
If you think about it you will see what sheep means Wink
05-05-2012, 01:30 PM
(05-05-2012 01:56 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(04-05-2012 11:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Garçon, mon ami, t'as que le droit, fuckhead . Simone de Beauvoir Tongue
Anyhow Simone loved him, wall eye and all, despite that very realistic streak of existential angst..... Hobo
Drinking Beverage
They were great lovers.

He loved Simone because she was great in bed.
Simone loved him because he was not all that great in bed.

Blink

If you understand this... you understand love. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-05-2012, 04:08 PM
(04-05-2012 06:00 PM)reindeer Wrote:  Okay I have been thinking lately about this and do not flame me for this since I am not saying I am right.

If the souls in hell will be suffering for eternity. How can the apocalypse happen? When all the evil dead people will fight against all the good dead people?
And why would satan punish someone who denies God?
I think the theist reply is that the evil dead people are not yet in Hell. This makes a parable like Lazarus and the rich man nonsensical, but it's totally fair to see that as merely a parable --- though why would you name one of the fictional characters instead of just calling him a poor man? I have no idea where these unbelieving dead people would be in the meantime, but it isn't necessary to have an answer to that to theorize that they aren't yet in Hell.

And I don't believe the bible says anything about Satan punishing anyone. Satan, according to the bible, is just another future inhabitant of Hell, not its ruler as myth might proclaim.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2012, 05:11 PM
This notion of "Hell" as a place and "Trinity" … hmm. Drinking Beverage

One might consider… "Father, Son, & Holy Ghost" to be a separation and a "Hell" within the self, if one were to give that self to something external - higher power, maybe?
This "apocalypse"… might be the external savagery which could transpire, should one try to rid the self of the higher power influence, integrate this separation, and become a whole human being.
It might be a parable of the internal struggle, manifesting externally. Hence the palpable, "all hell breaking loose".
Unsure
Just a thought.

Hey gang… you know that Trinity thingy? We might express it using the slit experiment; make 3 slits… then take particles of Father, Son, Holy Ghost and throw them at the slits - they come out as one big pile of crap on the other… Shocking

Oh, you kooky Atheists… you had me going there for a minute. Blush Laughat

Luckily, I see a liquor store in my oh so immediate future.
I have this power. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein