Another entry into the journal of dealing with my in-laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Another entry into the journal of dealing with my in-laws
So after this past fathers day and not being able to relax during another holiday I decided that I was done going to any event that had to do with my in-laws. So fast forward to today and my wife and I decided we didn't want to be bothered going to the big fourth of July/family reunion for three reasons. One, just didn't feel like it due to never really having time off to ourselves for the past 2 months. Two, we really don't like being around her family due to all the drama and fake shit they pull. And lastly, due to my ptsd I really didn't want to put myself in that position around people I don't like and fireworks. I'd get really unpredictable.

So after being asked for the millionth time my wife just didn't answer her phone today. Now being that I was suppose to go and take care of some work with my father in law that I promise to help with I did. So my mother in law gets on the phone and ask why I wasn't going and I simply told her that I didn't want to put myself in that position since it makes me unpredictable. She then proceeds to try and guilt trip up(big surprise) but what she said lastly really pissed me off. She goes on and say's "well you just need to suck it up and come" Angry Really!!!! Are you fucking serious?

I immediately get off the phone because I didn't want to be disrespectful no matter how inconsiderate she is to me. So if there was any fucking chance of me going that was it. Like I can just "shake it off" as they put it over and over again. Fuck them seriously. I don't know what will happen if I'm in that position. I don't want to be responsible for hurting myself or someone else for that matter. This is the exact shit me and my wife were talking about. They give not one single fuck about your plans or what's going on with you. Well I'm and so done.

Sorry if this makes no sense, I had to spark up after that shit just from going off on someone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
03-07-2015, 02:39 PM
RE: Another entry into the journal of dealing with my in-laws
Hug

Happy celebrations and stuff. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
03-07-2015, 03:00 PM
(03-07-2015 02:21 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So after this past fathers day and not being able to relax during another holiday I decided that I was done going to any event that had to do with my in-laws. So fast forward to today and my wife and I decided we didn't want to be bothered going to the big fourth of July/family reunion for three reasons. One, just didn't feel like it due to never really having time off to ourselves for the past 2 months. Two, we really don't like being around her family due to all the drama and fake shit they pull. And lastly, due to my ptsd I really didn't want to put myself in that position around people I don't like and fireworks. I'd get really unpredictable.

So after being asked for the millionth time my wife just didn't answer her phone today. Now being that I was suppose to go and take care of some work with my father in law that I promise to help with I did. So my mother in law gets on the phone and ask why I wasn't going and I simply told her that I didn't want to put myself in that position since it makes me unpredictable. She then proceeds to try and guilt trip up(big surprise) but what she said lastly really pissed me off. She goes on and say's "well you just need to suck it up and come" Angry Really!!!! Are you fucking serious?

I immediately get off the phone because I didn't want to be disrespectful no matter how inconsiderate she is to me. So if there was any fucking chance of me going that was it. Like I can just "shake it off" as they put it over and over again. Fuck them seriously. I don't know what will happen if I'm in that position. I don't want to be responsible for hurting myself or someone else for that matter. This is the exact shit me and my wife were talking about. They give not one single fuck about your plans or what's going on with you. Well I'm and so done.

Sorry if this makes no sense, I had to spark up after that shit just from going off on someone.
Sadly these things can be hard to comprehend for people who haven't tried it themselves. Is there some material on PTSD that could be a good way to make them understand?
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
03-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Good for you. Screw them. Do what you want. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
04-07-2015, 04:20 AM
America loves its soldiers - until we break 'em.

We break 'em, but we won't buy 'em. Sad

Sorry you have to put up with that kind of lunacy, man.

Peace to you, and may you have a calm and quiet holiday.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
04-07-2015, 04:59 AM
(03-07-2015 02:21 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So after this past fathers day and not being able to relax during another holiday I decided that I was done going to any event that had to do with my in-laws. So fast forward to today and my wife and I decided we didn't want to be bothered going to the big fourth of July/family reunion for three reasons. One, just didn't feel like it due to never really having time off to ourselves for the past 2 months. Two, we really don't like being around her family due to all the drama and fake shit they pull. And lastly, due to my ptsd I really didn't want to put myself in that position around people I don't like and fireworks. I'd get really unpredictable.

PTSD is a very serious condition, and it sounds like you have hard time managing it under certain circumstances. It also seems to me that your mother-in-law does not really want to understand it, because it doesn't fit in with what she wants.

You have to look after yourself, and with your wife's support I am sure you have ways of avoiding situations which are triggers. It seems you may have to let your in-laws know that they are triggers and until you are able to deal with them, you need to avoid them. They won't like it but that is not your problem.
I have PTSD myself, and I know its not easy to shake it off, damn near impossible I'd say.

BEst of luck, you know what you need Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Purplerose's post
04-07-2015, 06:52 AM
It's amazing that some people really think that if you show up -- you'll be happy - because you're with THEM.........

Even when THEY are what's pissing you off.

I suppose that's part of the core of religion.

Stay home. You deserve to do what YOU want.

What's she going to do? Take away your birthday?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-07-2015, 06:05 AM
(04-07-2015 06:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's amazing that some people really think that if you show up -- you'll be happy - because you're with THEM.........

Even when THEY are what's pissing you off.

I suppose that's part of the core of religion.

Stay home. You deserve to do what YOU want.

What's she going to do? Take away your birthday?

Yes I don't think they realize that they are the problem. My wife along with her older sister both didn't want them at their weddings. They also were not even kept in the loop about when we were dating.

I'm just glad that my wife came to realize on her own how manipulative her parents are ESPECIALLY her mother. She finally gets why I got mad whenever she would share our relationship problems with them because I just knew how they were. I've seen it before.

Which brings me to my next point. I've notice that when her mom talk to people its in sort of a condescending way. It's like she'll speak with a nice tone but she's basically spitting in your face while doing it. Very childish behavior.

What's more fucked up is their view on marriage and family. So during my mother in laws little rant she mentioned how she doesn't like going to these events either but she goes anyway. Facepalm Why don't you just NOT go. I mean we are adults right. No one can MAKE you go to something if you don't want to. Oh wait(and this is where we get into their fucked view of marriage) if you don't your husband will through a hissy fit and seeing as you're the woman you shouldn't make your husband upset by going against him as minor as a party. But on the other hand she is always getting upset by him not doing something or not supporting her. Not to mention all the fucking cheating on his part.

Which brings me to my last little story. So my wife was out of town last week on business and we currently have one of her college buddies renting out a bedroom until she can get her own place. So her buddy is there while I'm there and she is out of town. No big deal seeing as I'm not a piece of shit. Her mom pulls her aside(multiple times I might add) and berates her about leaving me alone with her. Angry Yeah fuck you too. I understand that your husband is a cheater but don't you dare bring that bullshit into my marriage. I mean seriously? Who does that shit?

Anyway we are really starting to look at more options outside of this area and far away from them.
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
06-07-2015, 06:06 AM
(04-07-2015 04:20 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  America loves its soldiers - until we break 'em.

We break 'em, but we won't buy 'em. Sad

Sorry you have to put up with that kind of lunacy, man.

Peace to you, and may you have a calm and quiet holiday.

Thanks and I actually had a very "uplifting" fourth if you get my drift. Cool
06-07-2015, 06:07 AM
(03-07-2015 03:00 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  

Sadly these things can be hard to comprehend for people who haven't tried it themselves. Is there some material on PTSD that could be a good way to make them understand?

There is but there is some much more wrong there that it's not even worth my time. We are just looking to get away from them as soon as we can.