Another entry into the journal of dealing with my in-laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2015, 06:11 AM
RE: Another entry into the journal of dealing with my in-laws
(03-07-2015 04:05 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Good for you. Screw them. Do what you want. Smile

Oh trust me banjo that's the motto I've been living by as of late. Fuck em! Don't need the stress.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2015, 06:23 AM
Since nobody said it I'll say it. You can't beat the ignorance of black folk.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
06-07-2015, 06:24 AM
(06-07-2015 06:23 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Since nobody said it I'll say it. You can't beat the ignorance of black folk.

You know it lol. It's like we take pride in being idiots.
06-07-2015, 06:53 AM
(06-07-2015 06:23 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Since nobody said it I'll say it. You can't beat the ignorance of black folk.

Shit, come meet my Cajun family. They'll truly impress you with some of the drivel that spews out once the JAYZUS topic starts getting thrown around.

No other ethnic group could possibly have anything on Deep Southern Catholics.

I just sit around waiting for one of 'em to see Jesus or Mary in the burn patterns on the toast, or whatever inanity is coming next.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
06-07-2015, 06:55 AM
(06-07-2015 06:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

Shit, come meet my Cajun family. They'll truly impress you with some of the drivel that spews out once the JAYZUS topic starts getting thrown around.

No other ethnic group could possibly have anything on Deep Southern Catholics.

I just sit around waiting for one of 'em to see Jesus or Mary in the burn patterns on the toast, or whatever inanity is coming next.

JAAAYYYZZZUUSSSS! That's exactly how I read that lol.
06-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Re: Another entry into the journal of dealing with my in-laws
Yeah... I didn't go to my family's shindig. They're bible-thumping drama queens. One has ill behaved kids that are cruel to my kid (who is on the autism spectrum.)

I just said nope. We went to a friends BBQ and got non-retorting fireworks to watch at home.

It was lovely. Now to learn that I DO NOT need to justify myself to them. It sounds like you've already got that part covered, good deal.
06-07-2015, 08:09 AM
That's the whole trick, Mecanna, isn't it?

Them : "You don't obey my religious and/or social indoctrination ruleset. Justify yourself!"

Self (internal monologue) : "Don't say 'go fuck yourself'... don't say 'go fuck yourself'... don't say..."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
06-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Well, the MIL needs to get a divorce but, she is afraid of being alone. She probably has no idea how to get out ... or that she even has the right to enjoy her own life. She's most likely married because, "that's what people do".

Is she retired? Does she have a hobby? (besides meddling)

She needs to realize that other people's lives have nothing to do with her. She needs to get her own life and nurture it so, it will be more fulfilling for her.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-07-2015, 11:39 AM
My in-laws are nice people but they have made a series of shitty financial decisions the past 10 years that have just about bankrupted them. They are heavily in debt and my wife's 2 sisters, their respective husbands, and I and my wife are all financially supporting them. It's a huge financial burden and one I sort of resent. Especially because my father-in-law won't listen to anyone and keeps digging the hole deeper. We are going go fly down to Florida this August to see them, and he and I are going to have a little chat about the realities of life because I'm tired of throwing good money after bad.

You all may be wondering what this has to do with the OP. And, the answer is: nothing. But, I want to thank the OP, and several others here who have written about their nightmare family scenarios, for highlighting to me that I really have no problems when it comes to my in-laws. They don't meddle, they don't interfere. They don't judge (mostly - my MiL pisses my wife off on a regular basis but that's par for course for a mother/daughter relationship). Sure, they sponge some money off their children. But, it's not like they do it wantonly. They are at least humble and embarrassed about their situation (and we go out of our way not to embarrass them further). But, generally, they are good people. And, reading all this helps me realize I have almost no problems.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
17-07-2015, 05:15 AM
*UPDATE*

So I was informed by my father-in-law that my wife as well as her sister are not allowed at their home anymore. She's upset that my wife did not answer the phone when she called. Of course this wasn't like she did it for no reason. I mean would you if you kept getting annoyed about doing something you don't want to do.

I think the funniest thing is the punishment. It's not even a fucking punishment. So fucking manipulative playing the guilt trip.

I think that the sad part is that she probably STILL has not question why her daughter is mad at her enough to where she doesn't even want to speak.

Aside from the obvious anger at being manipulative towards her, my wife is most upset about her telling me to suck it up. She say's the disrespect was uncalled for and she see the real her. Well more of the real them(my in laws). They don't give a rats ass about your needs all they care about is what they want. Very selfish. And then they hide behind the parent thing and their god.

Anyway I'm pretty sure there is going to be a sit down of some sort come soon and I am going to have some FUN with that lol.