Another entry into the journal of dealing with my in-laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2015, 06:16 AM
RE: Another entry into the journal of dealing with my in-laws
(17-07-2015 05:15 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  *UPDATE*

So I was informed by my father-in-law that my wife as well as her sister are not allowed at their home anymore. She's upset that my wife did not answer the phone when she called. Of course this wasn't like she did it for no reason. I mean would you if you kept getting annoyed about doing something you don't want to do.

I think the funniest thing is the punishment. It's not even a fucking punishment. So fucking manipulative playing the guilt trip.

I think that the sad part is that she probably STILL has not question why her daughter is mad at her enough to where she doesn't even want to speak.

Aside from the obvious anger at being manipulative towards her, my wife is most upset about her telling me to suck it up. She say's the disrespect was uncalled for and she see the real her. Well more of the real them(my in laws). They don't give a rats ass about your needs all they care about is what they want. Very selfish. And then they hide behind the parent thing and their god.

Anyway I'm pretty sure there is going to be a sit down of some sort come soon and I am going to have some FUN with that lol.

Your MIL needs to be careful, or somebody may call her on her shit. My late MIL, about 10 years before she died, wrote letters to all three of her kids, calling them toxic people and telling them she didn't want to have relationships with her anymore. Two of them took her at her word and never spoke to her again until about a week before she died (and she died without any family members around to comfort her). My husband maintained only a very distant relationship with her. Her action--taken after an argument with my SIL--had lasting repercussions.

I hope that your in-laws will not be as thoughtless, and I hope the situation improves, since it sounds like all of you are stressed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2015, 06:32 AM
(17-07-2015 06:16 AM)julep Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 05:15 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  *UPDATE*

So I was informed by my father-in-law that my wife as well as her sister are not allowed at their home anymore. She's upset that my wife did not answer the phone when she called. Of course this wasn't like she did it for no reason. I mean would you if you kept getting annoyed about doing something you don't want to do.

I think the funniest thing is the punishment. It's not even a fucking punishment. So fucking manipulative playing the guilt trip.

I think that the sad part is that she probably STILL has not question why her daughter is mad at her enough to where she doesn't even want to speak.

Aside from the obvious anger at being manipulative towards her, my wife is most upset about her telling me to suck it up. She say's the disrespect was uncalled for and she see the real her. Well more of the real them(my in laws). They don't give a rats ass about your needs all they care about is what they want. Very selfish. And then they hide behind the parent thing and their god.

Anyway I'm pretty sure there is going to be a sit down of some sort come soon and I am going to have some FUN with that lol.

Your MIL needs to be careful, or somebody may call her on her shit. My late MIL, about 10 years before she died, wrote letters to all three of her kids, calling them toxic people and telling them she didn't want to have relationships with her anymore. Two of them took her at her word and never spoke to her again until about a week before she died (and she died without any family members around to comfort her). My husband maintained only a very distant relationship with her. Her action--taken after an argument with my SIL--had lasting repercussions.

I hope that your in-laws will not be as thoughtless, and I hope the situation improves, since it sounds like all of you are stressed.

That's the crazy thing though, we aren't. It seems that my wife has been better as of late and not so nervous, anxious, etc. She's really calmed down and has a nice "fuck it" attitude like I usually do.
17-07-2015, 07:16 AM
(17-07-2015 06:32 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 06:16 AM)julep Wrote:  Your MIL needs to be careful, or somebody may call her on her shit. My late MIL, about 10 years before she died, wrote letters to all three of her kids, calling them toxic people and telling them she didn't want to have relationships with her anymore. Two of them took her at her word and never spoke to her again until about a week before she died (and she died without any family members around to comfort her). My husband maintained only a very distant relationship with her. Her action--taken after an argument with my SIL--had lasting repercussions.

That's the crazy thing though, we aren't. It seems that my wife has been better as of late and not so nervous, anxious, etc. She's really calmed down and has a nice "fuck it" attitude like I usually do.

Good for her! (also good for you) That was the eventual effect in our family, too. Once people accepted that there was no pleasing her, we could all relax. The only person who suffered the long-term bad effects was my MIL.
19-07-2015, 07:02 AM
So we just got a message from her father wanting us to come over for brunch. I'm sorry weren't we not allowed over there? Saw this shit coming a mile away.