Another example of BS statistics and Strawmen, in the guns debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2013, 08:09 PM
RE: Another example of BS statistics and Strawmen, in the guns debate
Good, because I can't join in at the range in a match unless I myself have a sweet blaster to turn money into noise with.

thanks guys
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Did these "people" include women, African Americans/others, which comprised 60% of the population or so? Consider
01-05-2013, 09:14 PM
(01-05-2013 07:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It does encompass all individuals as a collective and each individual individually. It's both. At the same time.

I ain't asking you.Undecided

01-05-2013, 11:44 PM
(01-05-2013 08:14 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  Did these "people" include women, African Americans/others, which comprised 60% of the population or so? Consider

'Murica!
[Image: black-panthers_1968.jpg]
02-05-2013, 12:59 AM
(01-05-2013 11:44 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 08:14 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  Did these "people" include women, African Americans/others, which comprised 60% of the population or so? Consider

'Murica!

Ah, back when the NRA and right wing groups were pro-gun control. Those were the days.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
02-05-2013, 05:17 AM
Re: Another example of BS statistics and Strawmen, in the guns debate
So, that negates my answer?
02-05-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm reposting this article here, as the thread I originally posted it on, seems to have died pretty quickly.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/obsession-with-guns/

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
02-05-2013, 10:14 AM
(02-05-2013 12:59 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 11:44 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  'Murica!

Ah, back when the NRA and right wing groups were pro-gun control. Those were the days.

Yep

Even before that time, most states that have a "pistol purchase permit" STILL have them from the days of Jim Crowe, when the Sheriff(Grand Wizard) didnt want certain people to have firearms. Turns out it's hard to string someone up in a tree like christmas lights when they have means to protect themselves.
02-05-2013, 10:32 AM
(02-05-2013 08:00 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm reposting this article here, as the thread I originally posted it on, seems to have died pretty quickly.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/obsession-with-guns/

How hard can one person fail? This is literally every failed Pierce Morganism on why guns are bad voodoo

Gun ownership dosent equal knowledge or skill.

Yes, you absolutly might need more then ten rounds to kill a single person. Ask 50 Cent. You can tell this guy has never been in a fight nor studied lethal force encounters.

The idea that the longer someone's magazine, the higher their paranioa is is false.

Being prepared and being terrorized are not synonyms.

People take pictures of and name all kinds of things. Guitars,cars, motorcycles,boats, etc etc. You mean the phrase "prized possession" actually means something?No way!Laughat

This guy claims to drive defensivly, but dosent let it rule his life. Why is carrying a gun anything different? Oh wait, ITS NOTTongue

This guy really need to use his own bullshit knowledge,because he claims he's a 2nd Amendment advocate, but before that claims that the 2nd Amendment has been infringed apon because he can't own a HIMARS Missle truck . Isnt that a sign of mental illness???
02-05-2013, 11:18 AM
(01-05-2013 09:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are not in agreement with the Supreme Court. The rights granted to the people have been repeatedly interpreted as rights of individuals.

How am I in disagreement?

I said that they can be individual rights. You would have to provide how it was applied to mean an individual right, in whatever case, then I could tell you whether or not I agreed.

If the Supreme Court (by the way we are talking about majority rulings, opposed by dissents-- it's not one opinion) ever said that the word people = individual (in the ruling of a case), then that is just blatantly wrong. That would be like saying that something blue is green. I wouldn't trust a Supreme Court with color blindness to tell me what color the sky was. I wouldn't even trust them otherwise, as I can think and reason for myself.

Also, with regard to just the Second Amendment, there are huge contradictions in applying the "the people" to mean individual. Problems that I'm pretty sure the Supreme Court majority accepted and supported, with all of the other contradictions that they accept in misinterpretation, as a part of judicial activism.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
[+] 1 user Likes TrulyX's post