Another example of BS statistics and Strawmen, in the guns debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Another example of BS statistics and Strawmen, in the guns debate
(16-04-2013 05:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  They have nowhere near as many "civilian" guns as we do. They have laws and regulations and the people follow them. We have 50 different sets of laws and a movement that demands it stay that way as they have no interest in a unifying set of federal laws.

So, I'm all for being like Switzerland. Good luck convincing the conservative right.

I'm certainly closer to your position than I am to that of the gun nuts on the right.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Re: Another example of BS statistics and Strawmen, in the guns debate
I always knew you weren't an idiot ;)
Find all posts by this user
16-04-2013, 05:43 PM
(16-04-2013 05:39 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I always knew you weren't an idiot Wink

But I am a gun-totin' non-idiot. Wink

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Not the non - idiots I'm worried about :thumbsup:
16-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Re: RE: Another example of BS statistics and Strawmen, in the guns debate
(16-04-2013 05:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  They have nowhere near as many "civilian" guns as we do. They have laws and regulations and the people follow them. We have 50 different sets of laws and a movement that demands it stay that way as they have no interest in a unifying set of federal laws.

So, I'm all for being like Switzerland. Good luck convincing the conservative right.

The level of training swedish people get is pretty sad. The average kid after his 1st 4-H air or 22 rifle program can shoot and handle a firearm better.

I'm not sure you would really like to have all the people who simply own guns to be suddenly called to service with them. ''Used'' guns are such a great deal because most people don't really shoot them.

The weekend after all the shit stormed happened, we had 3 negligent discharges at 3 seperate gun shows on the same fucking day. Why? Because the evil mooslim keyan emperor! Was scaring all the retards.

Having every able bodied 18-45 yo person(because women are grunts too !:dodgy:) show up and throw some lead isn't a firing line I would want to share considering these are the same people I share the road with each day. It was bad enough in the actually military.

[Image: 35523_474203432647498_743021999_n_zpsd41dec3e.jpg]
16-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm all for a reasonable, rational set of federal firearms laws.

But every bill proposed so far is a poorly-thought out and reactionary piece of shit that bans guns based on looks, features, or even name with no real basis.

Make it harder for crazy people or hardened criminals to get guns and commit crimes or murders with them? Great! Ban all AR-15 type weapons because you think they're scary, or ban magazines over some arbitrary capacity because "you don' need dat!", or require time-consuming and/or intrusive registration (ever been to the DMV to title and register your car? I'm not going to do that for the >140 guns in this house)? Or bullshit like, "Let's keep all ammunition at the range! Herp!" Those types of laws? Fuck no. They either hurt law-abiding citizens to no benefit, or grossly impair ALL use/ownership of guns disproportionately to the benefit they might provide.

Come up with a reasonable law that actually helps prevent crime without onerous restrictions, bans, or registration involved, and guarantee that bullshit like the above won't get included, and I might support you.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
16-04-2013, 09:24 PM
After glancing at the posts, I'm not sure whether the majority of users are simply parodying weapons proliferation advocates, or are genuinely circle jerking each others barrels. Consider

Either case, not interested.
17-04-2013, 05:31 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2013 09:01 AM by TheBeardedDude.)
It helps when you exercise the ignore function and don't see the circle jerking :thumbsup:
17-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Oh lawd.

Tell us more about how 2nd amendment groups are just shills for the arms industry.

Or you could just tune out and maintain a comfortable reality
[Image: 6a00d8341bf68b53ef0134869fd079970c-800wi]
17-04-2013, 03:25 PM
LOL. 2 dumb bitches get a basic primer in situational awareness and act like it's a undue burden they shouldnt be bothered with.

http://www.gunnuts.net/2013/04/17/the-mi...of-safety/