Another financial crisis looming ahead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2017, 04:09 AM
Another financial crisis looming ahead
Global market cap is about to hit $100 trillion and Goldman Sachs thinks the only way is down

http://www.businessinsider.com/global-ma...on-2017-12

Quote:What is worrying about the chart is that final, fast peak in 2017. Until then, world market cap looked like any other stock index: A series of incremental gains building on each other over time, with a pronounced dip around the Great Financial Crisis in 2008, followed by a healthy recovery.

This year, the chart just looks insane.

Quote:"The current valuation percentile is most comparable to the late 20s, which ended in the ‘Great Depression’"

I don't understand much about economics, but this seems pretty bad to me. I'm pretty sure they're saying there could be another Depression?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2017, 04:44 AM
RE: Another financial crisis looming ahead
(04-12-2017 04:09 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Global market cap is about to hit $100 trillion and Goldman Sachs thinks the only way is down

Quote:What is worrying about the chart is that final, fast peak in 2017. Until then, world market cap looked like any other stock index: A series of incremental gains building on each other over time, with a pronounced dip around the Great Financial Crisis in 2008, followed by a healthy recovery.

This year, the chart just looks insane.

Quote:"The current valuation percentile is most comparable to the late 20s, which ended in the ‘Great Depression’"

I don't understand much about economics, but this seems pretty bad to me. I'm pretty sure they're saying there could be another Depression?

This is rich coming from the same company who helped cause this shit. So why do big corporations value monopolies and greed?

50 REPUBLICAN intel agents last year were warning everyone what a trump presidency could do.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
04-12-2017, 05:50 AM
(04-12-2017 04:44 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(04-12-2017 04:09 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Global market cap is about to hit $100 trillion and Goldman Sachs thinks the only way is down

This is rich coming from the same company who helped cause this shit. So why do big corporations value monopolies and greed?

50 REPUBLICAN intel agents last year were warning everyone what a trump presidency could do.

Fifty Intel agents could not be heard whispering over the sound of a thousand apes shitting.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
04-12-2017, 06:29 AM
(04-12-2017 05:50 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(04-12-2017 04:44 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  This is rich coming from the same company who helped cause this shit. So why do big corporations value monopolies and greed?

Fifty Intel agents could not be heard whispering over the sound of a thousand apes shitting.

Yep, so true. Humans have so much potential to be sane, but throughout our species history, all it takes is one fucking nut, to convince delusional and gullible people that there is such a thing as a perpetual motion machine.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2017, 07:32 AM
Well they've been working toward this for decades.
It's no accident.
This time it's permanent.
There will be no new new deal.
Translation...
"Thank you for your help in creating our wealth. Your services are no longer needed.
Best of luck."

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
05-12-2017, 08:37 AM
If Goldman Sachs knows for certain its gonna crash then it means they are involved in causing of said crash... they had a hand in the last one

The more one asserts their own unquestioned preconceived beliefs, the more demanding I will be for empirical evidence for I will accept nothing else in place of it
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
05-12-2017, 09:07 AM
(05-12-2017 08:37 AM)Ace Wrote:  If Goldman Sachs knows for certain its gonna crash then it means they are involved in causing of said crash... they had a hand in the last one

And they have a substantial "hedge position".
And there is no more blood in the stone.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post