Another morality debate with a theist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Another morality debate with a theist
For your amusement, I thought I'd share a clip from my phone of a debate I'm having with a theist on morality. I'm starting to think he'd lick his own balls in public if he could.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: Another morality debate with a theist
(12-02-2016 01:09 PM)OceanTherapist Wrote:  For your amusement, I thought I'd share a clip from my phone of a debate I'm having with a theist on morality. I'm starting to think he'd lick his own balls in public if he could.

Where is your reply? Or are you letting him hang there, turning slowly in the wind until he dies.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-02-2016, 03:16 PM
(12-02-2016 02:15 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 01:09 PM)OceanTherapist Wrote:  For your amusement, I thought I'd share a clip from my phone of a debate I'm having with a theist on morality. I'm starting to think he'd lick his own balls in public if he could.

Where is your reply? Or are you letting him hang there, turning slowly in the wind until he dies.

My reply was this-

"I love the topic of morals. According to what you've said, if you didn't have a book telling you what to do, you'd be a serial killer, rapist, bully. That's scary that you can't figure out what's good on your own, which to me means you are an immoral person that's just scared of your imaginary friend.

No animal will regulate it's behavior in what's right or wrong because their brains aren't evolved like ours are. But predators have been witnessed saving the lives of animals that they normally wouldn't. Recently I saw a video of a bear saving a crow from drowning. I also saw a video of a rhino saving a young zebra. Did they have to? No, but they did. Public nudity doesn't offend everyone just because it offends you. Urination in public is a health hazard and is a stupid example. Sniffing the butt of a stranger is pointless since we communicate by talking, rape is morally wrong but apparently it happened a lot in the bible with no problems from god. It didn't even make the 10 commandments. You'd think that would be a pretty important one. You don't need to lick your genitals. You have hands with fingers and soap to properly clean yourself. Bullying of other animals that are different does happen, it happens to albino animals all the time. Animals attack each other all the time over territory. Have you ever watch national geographic? These claims you're making make you seem like you've never seen anything.

Now to me human morals are a cultural thing. What's right for one culture isn't right for other cultures. My look on morals is, would I want it done to me or my family, friends? If not then maybe I shouldn't do it to others. Did you know that over 99% of people incarcerated in the US are believers in god with most of them believing in Jesus. So much for morals there. Hitler himself identified as a christian and even said his ''movement" was a christian one. What if right before Hitler died he repented to Jesus for his sins? Would he be in heaven while all the Jews he killed be in hell for not accepting Jesus?

Phil Zuckerman, associate professor of sociology at Pitzer College in California, in his article, "Is Faith Good For Us" states the following: "A comparison of highly irreligious countries with highly religious countries, however, reveals a very different state of affairs. In reality, the most secular countries-those with the highest proportion of atheists and agnostics-are among the most stable, peaceful, free, wealthy, and healthy societies. And the most religious nations-wherein worship of God is in abundance-are among the most unstable, violent, oppressive, poor, and destitute." (This quote I took from GWoG's resource thread)

If you can't figure out what's right from wrong, you don't lack morals, you lack empathy."

He hasn't responded back
[+] 9 users Like OceanTherapist's post
12-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Just quote the babble at him.

Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Leviticus 19:31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

Leviticus 20:27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
Deuteronomy 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

1st Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men , leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

1st John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1st John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1st John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1st John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Romans 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth

1st John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Etc etc.....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
12-02-2016, 08:29 PM
(12-02-2016 03:16 PM)OceanTherapist Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 02:15 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Where is your reply? Or are you letting him hang there, turning slowly in the wind until he dies.

My reply was this-

"I love the topic of morals. According to what you've said, if you didn't have a book telling you what to do, you'd be a serial killer, rapist, bully. That's scary that you can't figure out what's good on your own, which to me means you are an immoral person that's just scared of your imaginary friend.

No animal will regulate it's behavior in what's right or wrong because their brains aren't evolved like ours are. But predators have been witnessed saving the lives of animals that they normally wouldn't. Recently I saw a video of a bear saving a crow from drowning. I also saw a video of a rhino saving a young zebra. Did they have to? No, but they did. Public nudity doesn't offend everyone just because it offends you. Urination in public is a health hazard and is a stupid example. Sniffing the butt of a stranger is pointless since we communicate by talking, rape is morally wrong but apparently it happened a lot in the bible with no problems from god. It didn't even make the 10 commandments. You'd think that would be a pretty important one. You don't need to lick your genitals. You have hands with fingers and soap to properly clean yourself. Bullying of other animals that are different does happen, it happens to albino animals all the time. Animals attack each other all the time over territory. Have you ever watch national geographic? These claims you're making make you seem like you've never seen anything.

Now to me human morals are a cultural thing. What's right for one culture isn't right for other cultures. My look on morals is, would I want it done to me or my family, friends? If not then maybe I shouldn't do it to others. Did you know that over 99% of people incarcerated in the US are believers in god with most of them believing in Jesus. So much for morals there. Hitler himself identified as a christian and even said his ''movement" was a christian one. What if right before Hitler died he repented to Jesus for his sins? Would he be in heaven while all the Jews he killed be in hell for not accepting Jesus?

Phil Zuckerman, associate professor of sociology at Pitzer College in California, in his article, "Is Faith Good For Us" states the following: "A comparison of highly irreligious countries with highly religious countries, however, reveals a very different state of affairs. In reality, the most secular countries-those with the highest proportion of atheists and agnostics-are among the most stable, peaceful, free, wealthy, and healthy societies. And the most religious nations-wherein worship of God is in abundance-are among the most unstable, violent, oppressive, poor, and destitute." (This quote I took from GWoG's resource thread)

If you can't figure out what's right from wrong, you don't lack morals, you lack empathy."

He hasn't responded back

I think your response is a good one. We need a code of morals because we have a volitional consciousness. Animals don't have this. His analogy is deeply flawed.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
13-02-2016, 12:05 AM
Jellyfish don't think. The end. (They have reflexes).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.