Another obvious reason that God is man-made

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2012, 09:31 AM
RE: Another obvious reason that God is man-made
I don't know how obvious this actually is. I mean, just because we find it unlikely that God would be perfect and all powerful, doesn't mean he wouldn't be right?

If there would be a god, wouldn't it go to show that all of the rules we use to find things likely or not kind of go out the window already anyways?

Still, I tend to believe that if there is a god, he's either not aware of it, or he's a douche.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2012, 09:35 AM
I will always prefer the image of an interdimensional being who spilled his drink and didn't bother wiping it up. Leading to matter in the universe which reformed and reformed into what exists today =p Why would anyone want their god to be aware of what goes on? Don't they see how bad it is?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
10-05-2012, 10:21 AM
This is prolly the right place to put the latest TTA vid:

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
10-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I think I can safely say that is my least favorite TTA video. I understand what he is trying to say, but it just seems so...silly. And not silly like some of the others but rather ineffective as well.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
10-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Meh... that seems like bad logic to me.

"I'm not worshiping that! It's perfect and flawless. I want to worship something flawed and not much better than me."

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Well you just have to remember that unlike you we like to have an end to our actions. Perfection is an endless pursuit. We would prefer to at some point get off our knees and get back to living.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
10-05-2012, 12:01 PM
(10-05-2012 10:34 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I think I can safely say that is my least favorite TTA video. I understand what he is trying to say, but it just seems so...silly. And not silly like some of the others but rather ineffective as well.
I agree.
10-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Theists have the moral argument, that we can identify some absolute moral standard and such a standard must have a standard giver.
Atheists have the "immoral" argument, that the god of the Bible is not perfectly moral and therefore must not be that standard giver. If the "moral" argument is true, then the god of the Bible is not God.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
10-05-2012, 09:42 PM
(10-05-2012 10:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Meh... that seems like bad logic to me.

"I'm not worshiping that! It's perfect and flawless. I want to worship something flawed and not much better than me."

Exactly my point. God is designed based on people's desires of how they want their God to be. Consequently, gods are always created to be perfect and supreme anthropomorphic beings. If God existed and he truly created man in his image, he would be both good AND bad, with the same limitations and shortcomings as is the nature of man.

"If triangles had a god, they would give him three sides."

-Montesquieu

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
11-05-2012, 08:38 AM
(09-05-2012 11:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  In my experience most theists believe themselves to be above everyone else so I guess it makes sense that they persevere their God as an all powerful strong man who can bench press 500lbs and gets all the bitches.

For all they know he probably died in his sleep, after all we haven't herd from him in a while.
He doesnt get the bitches... the only time we know he fooled around he did it by proxy. So he's a virgin and he likes to watch

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met