Another one bites the dust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: Another one bites the dust
Sorry to hear this mate. [Image: rip.gif?w=700]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2016, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2016 12:22 PM by Gloucester.)
(28-08-2016 07:30 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The biggest bitch about getting old -- it gets lonlier as all your friends leave.....

They move for jobs, they hook up with someone, and that someone doesn't approve of your type.. Or they die....

This week it was the last category.. A buddy of mine who lived right up the street, who I rode with for over 25 years... Good man . smart, inventive, funny. Marine and Nam vet. Saw some of the worst in 68-69....

He'll be missed....
Know the feeling, buddy. Spent 11 years in the RAF and said farewell to so many good people as I moved around and then left.

Never really inures one to loss does it. My best friend will be moving, as soon as she can sell her bungalow, to live near her really caring son. At 74 and With increasing arthritic problems she needs the security. And sonpme one to do those DIY jobs done that I can no longer manage! Her husband, an equally good friend, died 4 years ago.

A very young 74, gsoh, can paint and does many other crafts, great at alterations to clothes (trousers for my short little legs especially), practical, pragmatic, intelligent, enquiring, now tells me as much about computer/tablet use as I taught her ten years ago, happy about changing the USB sockets in her tablets after I showed her how, and gave her some tools she was missing from my duplicates . . .

Gonna really miss that lady, daily emails not quite the same! Doubt that I will find another like her.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
28-08-2016, 11:28 AM
So sorry Biker, it does suck. Hug
28-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Sorry biker.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-08-2016, 07:52 PM
I was once told that getting old isn’t for sissies. I only thought they meant physical ailments, I never expected it to be because you outlive friends and family. Undecided

My condolences.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Sorry man Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2016, 10:13 PM
My sympathies, bud.
29-08-2016, 06:29 AM
Sorry for your loss. Old age seems largely about losses.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Had to go see his mom... Took her some B+W pics I took of him years back....she showed me some she had already - kinda funny - the pics she had were also some I had taken years back.... I gotta go though my collection and find more for her....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-08-2016, 09:46 AM
(29-08-2016 09:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Had to go see his mom... Took her some B+W pics I took of him years back....she showed me some she had already - kinda funny - the pics she had were also some I had taken years back.... I gotta go though my collection and find more for her....

A very nice gesture.

My condolences to you and your friend's family.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF