Another quake in Mexico...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2017, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2017 06:45 AM by Loom.)
Another quake in Mexico...
And this one is much worse. Even though it was technically a weaker 7.1 compared to the 8.1 over a week ago, much of the affected areas, including Mexico City, lie on ancient lake beds, which can amplify the shaking significantly. It reportedly shook for almost 7 minutes.

Whole buildings have collapsed in Mexico City. The entire city turned hazy from the dust spewed from fallen buildings.

So far, authorities have reported at least 200 deaths, many of them children, but this is expected to climb significantly. Thousands are missing.

Here's the whole story:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-41327593

2 hours prior to the quake, schools and businesses conducted earthquake drills to commemorate a devastating quake 32 years before.

inb4 theidiots attribute this to their god.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2017, 06:52 AM
RE: Another quake in Mexico...
Sad It's so awful. I hate that these tragedies happen.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
20-09-2017, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2017 07:04 AM by Loom.)
(20-09-2017 06:52 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Sad It's so awful. I hate that these tragedies happen.

Isn't it? And I've seen such awful, racist posts around the web about this. Some even going as far as to say it was deserved. Heck I've even seen people lavishing at the thought of Puerto Rico, a US TERRITORY, getting 'cleaned up' by another devastating hurricane.

Not everyone in Latin America is a criminal, a drug dealer, a rapist. The vast majority of them are people like you and me, trying to go about the best they can with the lot life's given them. Why can't people see that? Sad

20-09-2017, 07:02 AM
(20-09-2017 06:59 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(20-09-2017 06:52 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Sad It's so awful. I hate that these tragedies happen.

Isn't it? And I've seen such awful, racist posts around the web.

Not everyone in Mexico is a criminal, a drug dealer, a rapist. The vast majority of them the are people like you and me, trying to go about the best they can with the lot life's given them Why can't people see that? Sad
Because one of the first effects of the disease xenophobia is it attacks the optic nerve, causing myopia.

Blink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
20-09-2017, 07:07 AM
(20-09-2017 07:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-09-2017 06:59 AM)Loom Wrote:  Isn't it? And I've seen such awful, racist posts around the web.

Not everyone in Mexico is a criminal, a drug dealer, a rapist. The vast majority of them the are people like you and me, trying to go about the best they can with the lot life's given them Why can't people see that? Sad
Because one of the first effects of the disease xenophobia is it attacks the optic nerve, causing myopia.

Blink

Explains why they can't see past their own nose.

[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
20-09-2017, 07:28 AM
(20-09-2017 07:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-09-2017 06:59 AM)Loom Wrote:  Isn't it? And I've seen such awful, racist posts around the web.

Blink

Rectal occulitus.
A shitty outlook on life.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post