Another radio hoax call witch hunt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Another radio hoax call witch hunt
So what are anyone else's view on the death of British based nurse Mrs. Saldanha? Or the reaction to it?

I don't know how widely this has been reported outside Britain or Australia so I'll summarise it for anyone who hasn't heard about it. Two Australian radio DJ's made a prank call to a London hospital where Kate Middleton was being treated for acute morning sickness. The DJ's pretended to be the Queen and Prince Charles to find out information about Kate's condition. Mrs. Saldanha answered the call and put the DJ's through to another nurse who explained Kate's condition in detail. The call was recorded and later broadcast after being reviewed by people at the radio station. After the story made the front pages in Britain Mrs. Saldanha committed suicide.

What happened to Mrs. Saldanha is a tragedy, it goes without saying. However, the vilification and vitriol I've heard directed at the two DJ's since has been, in my opinion, ridiculous and unwarranted. I didn't hear any criticism of the DJ's before Mrs. Saldanha's suicide, and I've heard plenty since, so I can only surmise that the DJ's are being vilified because of the suicide and not the actual prank call itself. I think that it is wrong for people to be judged, not on their actions, but on other people's response's to their actions. I also think it hypocritical that radio DJ's make prank calls all the time without incident, yet these two people face public outrage for doing the exact same thing.

What are anyone else's opinions on this story?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Another radio hoax call witch hunt - Hughsie - 10-12-2012 09:20 PM