Another radio hoax call witch hunt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2012, 12:42 AM
RE: Another radio hoax call witch hunt
I saw this on the news and frankly it confuses the hell out of me; Some nurse offed herself because she couldn't see through a really bad pommy accent (Thats how the radio presenters themselves described their voices during the prank call) and revealed the presence and morning sickness of some bitch who has no real claim to fame in way, putting nobody in any realistic danger to begin with, and now the public is in OUTRAGE of this whole "ordeal"
Dafuq is wrong with western society that this is actually important and I find it impossible to be anything but flabbergasted at the stupidity of all involved.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
11-12-2012, 04:36 AM
(11-12-2012 12:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I saw this on the news and frankly it confuses the hell out of me; Some nurse offed herself because she couldn't see through a really bad pommy accent (Thats how the radio presenters themselves described their voices during the prank call) and revealed the presence and morning sickness of some bitch who has no real claim to fame in way, putting nobody in any realistic danger to begin with, and now the public is in OUTRAGE of this whole "ordeal"
Dafuq is wrong with western society that this is actually important and I find it impossible to be anything but flabbergasted at the stupidity of all involved.
Welcome to life.
My advice: Get use to shit like this, it never gets better.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
11-12-2012, 04:52 AM
They are being used as scapegoats. Which is stupid.

I'm not a fan of this type of shows and think that pranks are about the dumbest type of humour there is. But to each their own.

What bugs me is this unnatural interest in the lives of others, that leads us to stick our noses where they don't belong. That's what I find sickening. Also, finding the humiliation of others humourous, but in this particular prank I don't think this was the intended goal.

And yeah, the fascination with the 'royal' (what a meaningless word in the 21st century) family is beyond unfathomable. Most other celebrities at least did something to become famous, other than simply get born.

But at the end of the day, we do love us some good ol' fashioned moral indignation. Makes us feel so involved and morally superior. (not a peep out of you, Vosur, about the use of the word 'we' Laughat )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
11-12-2012, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 06:29 AM by FZUMedia.)
If you people thought for even a moment, they would know that people suicidal are suicidal for a reason and that typically it is accumulative trauma during childhood and bad parenting, their mind is distorted like a snowglobe- The hosts are not responsible for her suicide. What's more likely to be the cause of suicide, the mountains upon mountains of evidence that childhood trauma causes suicide? or a prank call that magically makes people suicidal? Just think for a second. Suggesting otherwise is an insult to those that are actually suffering from suicidality.
11-12-2012, 06:33 AM
(11-12-2012 06:26 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  If you people thought for even a moment, they would know that people suicidal are suicidal for a reason and that typically it is accumulative trauma during childhood and bad parenting, their mind is distorted like a snowglobe- The hosts are not responsible for her suicide. What's more likely to be the cause of suicide, the mountains upon mountains of evidence that childhood trauma causes suicide or a prank call? Just think for a second. Suggesting otherwise is an insult to those that are actually suffering from suicidality.
Please, can you not generalise everything and pass your opinion as the universal truth just for once.

A lot of reasons can make a person take their own life, including severe stress and overwhelming mental and/or emotional strain. I actually know someone who killed herself exactly in a moment of extreme emotional stress and your comment was an insult to her.

11-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Big Grin RE: Another radio hoax call witch hunt
(11-12-2012 06:33 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 06:26 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  If you people thought for even a moment, they would know that people suicidal are suicidal for a reason and that typically it is accumulative trauma during childhood and bad parenting, their mind is distorted like a snowglobe- The hosts are not responsible for her suicide. What's more likely to be the cause of suicide, the mountains upon mountains of evidence that childhood trauma causes suicide or a prank call? Just think for a second. Suggesting otherwise is an insult to those that are actually suffering from suicidality.
Please, can you not generalise everything and pass your opinion as the universal truth just for once.

A lot of reasons can make a person take their own life, including severe stress and overwhelming mental and/or emotional strain. I actually know someone who killed herself exactly in a moment of extreme emotional stress and your comment was an insult to her.
You didn't know this person very well then. All pathological disorders arise from early childhood experience, their is overwhelming evidence for this. And being someone fully recovered from suicidality I can tell you are a shade of depressed yourself as you are projecting responsibility to even me. When I said "Get Therapy" I wasn't joking or insulting you for the fun of it.
11-12-2012, 07:03 AM
(11-12-2012 06:59 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  You didn't know this person very well then. All pathological disorders arise from early childhood experience, their is overwhelming evidence for this. And being someone fully recovered from suicidality I can tell you are a shade of depressed yourself as you are projecting responsibility to even me. When I said "Get Therapy" I wasn't joking or insulting you for the fun of it.
Unless you show me at least several peer-reviewed articles (even books), it is still nothing more than your opinion.

And do you honestly believe I'm even remotely interested in what you think of me and my mental state?

11-12-2012, 07:15 AM
(11-12-2012 07:03 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 06:59 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  You didn't know this person very well then. All pathological disorders arise from early childhood experience, their is overwhelming evidence for this. And being someone fully recovered from suicidality I can tell you are a shade of depressed yourself as you are projecting responsibility to even me. When I said "Get Therapy" I wasn't joking or insulting you for the fun of it.
Unless you show me at least several peer-reviewed articles (even books), it is still nothing more than your opinion.

And do you honestly believe I'm even remotely interested in what you think of me and my mental state?
I'm not your googlebot, so I won't fetch you graphs and charts, but here is a video related to the topic:

It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that you are depressed, you seem to be a little obsessed with me, considering you are posting insults to me wherever I post on this forum, obviously I struck a nerve.
11-12-2012, 07:19 AM
(11-12-2012 07:15 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I'm not your googlebot, so I won't fetch you graphs and charts, but here is a video related to the topic:
I said articles (or even links to articles). When one makes an outrageous and generalising claim, one should be able to back it up.

Quote:you seem to be a little obsessed with me, considering you are posting insults to me wherever I post on this forum, obviously I struck a nerve.
Son, let me give you a piece of advice - get over yourself. The world doesn't revolve around you.

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
11-12-2012, 08:51 AM
(11-12-2012 07:15 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 07:03 AM)Vera Wrote:  Unless you show me at least several peer-reviewed articles (even books), it is still nothing more than your opinion.

I'm not your googlebot, so I won't fetch you graphs and charts, but here is a video related to the topic:

It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that you are depressed, you seem to be a little obsessed with me, considering you are posting insults to me wherever I post on this forum, obviously I struck a nerve.
You are making a 'round-trip' fallacy.
While childhood trauma may lead to personality disorders, that does not mean that all personality disorders derive from childhood traumas.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post