Another radio hoax call witch hunt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2012, 02:46 AM
RE: Another radio hoax call witch hunt
(12-12-2012 02:26 AM)cufflink Wrote:  Suicide in response to humiliation is hard to understand, at least in western society. (I don't know what the woman's cultural background is.)

That said, the stuff these kinds of DJs do sucks. Their "humor" is based on making some innocent person a public laughingstock. That's the lowest way to get laughs--at someone else's expense, someone who doesn't deserve to be humiliated. And the response of the audience to that kind of crap is based on schadenfreude--a feeling of pleasure at another person's pain, along with a feeling of relief that it's "them, not me" who's being shit on.
I wish I could like your response more than once!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
12-12-2012, 04:31 PM
(11-12-2012 07:03 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 06:59 AM)FZUMedia Wrote:  You didn't know this person very well then. All pathological disorders arise from early childhood experience, their is overwhelming evidence for this. And being someone fully recovered from suicidality I can tell you are a shade of depressed yourself as you are projecting responsibility to even me. When I said "Get Therapy" I wasn't joking or insulting you for the fun of it.
Unless you show me at least several peer-reviewed articles (even books), it is still nothing more than your opinion.

And do you honestly believe I'm even remotely interested in what you think of me and my mental state?
Hey, show me several peer reviewed articles and I'll show you the views of the writer and her peers, not guaranteed truth. Look to synthesis my man, synthesis!
13-12-2012, 04:29 AM
I don't know about this suicide. I have screwed up in jobs before and it will probably happen again. It was a really stupid mistake, but does not warrant suicide. I am thinking that it is more likely that it was a murder that just looks like a suicide. It embarassed the royal family (not that I give a shit). I think the brits are fucking out of their minds financially supporting someone that really does not do anything good for the country and as far as I can tell didn't have to earn their wealth. That being said, they are still wealthy and powerful. I can see why they might have wanted her removed.
13-12-2012, 06:47 PM
(13-12-2012 04:29 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I don't know about this suicide. I have screwed up in jobs before and it will probably happen again. It was a really stupid mistake, but does not warrant suicide. I am thinking that it is more likely that it was a murder that just looks like a suicide. It embarassed the royal family (not that I give a shit). I think the brits are fucking out of their minds financially supporting someone that really does not do anything good for the country and as far as I can tell didn't have to earn their wealth. That being said, they are still wealthy and powerful. I can see why they might have wanted her removed.

The royals generate more in tourism than they cost to keep. That's why we keep them.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-12-2012, 09:22 PM
I can't help but wonder why, Hughs.

I mean, what's so fascinating about a family and title that can be almost literally be said to be a redundant relic of the past.

... could you at least keep them over there? They've no business over here damnit!

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-12-2012, 08:34 PM
I tend to believe it's more of a situation where the public humiliation was enough to put an already suicidal person over the edge. That poor woman probably has the least responsibility in the situation of everyone.

I understand that the DJs thought it would be funny, but it was really wrong. Would it be okay if some stranger called to get personal medical information about someone's cancer? No, we'd be horrified.

As for the hospital admin, if the person calling is on "the list" then the nurses give information. Who's really going to ask the queen, "Can you prove you're the queen?" It's kind of an Emperor's New Clothes situation.

You'd think after reporter's chased this woman's mother-in-law to her death, the hospital would be suspicious, and the people would stop watching, but the biggest news in America a few times a month is the romantic drama of some performer of some kind.
17-12-2012, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 11:20 AM by Misanthropik.)
(13-12-2012 04:29 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I don't know about this suicide. I have screwed up in jobs before and it will probably happen again. It was a really stupid mistake, but does not warrant suicide. I am thinking that it is more likely that it was a murder that just looks like a suicide. It embarassed the royal family (not that I give a shit). I think the brits are fucking out of their minds financially supporting someone that really does not do anything good for the country and as far as I can tell didn't have to earn their wealth. That being said, they are still wealthy and powerful. I can see why they might have wanted her removed.
Oh HEEEEERE we go...

It seems obvious to me that the Royal family had her killed because the two DJ's who, unbeknownst to the general public, were using a mask of humor to cleverly disguise their intention of seeking confidential information from the nurse regarding the U.S. cover-up of 9/11. The nurse to whom the call was transfered is in league with British intelligence agencies who, some years ago, were payed off by an Islamic regime of lizard-men - an elite inter-planetary group based just behind the Andromeda gallaxy (in relation to Earth). George W. Bush was a member of this group (now retired) and was tasked by the regime to see the U.S. through the 9/11 era. The nurse who ultimately gave away the classified government/planetary information in the secret code of "morning sickness" (a fabricated medical condition invented by the government to make women seem crazy) had, in doing so, sparked the next era of inter-planetary war between the reptilians and the Human race. The woman who transfered the call had inadvertently become privy to this master plan when she overheard a discussion between the nurse and Elvis Presley; who was in the guise of a doctor at the hospital. Knowing that she would certainly reveal this trechery for all the world to see, the Royal family summoned Malodorous and Beelzebub - disguised as two traveling scientologists - to enter the woman's home and infect her with a fast-acting strain of the government-manufactured AIDS virus.

But, somewhere in the struggle, the attempt at infection was botched and they opted to make it look as though she hung herself. They succeeded, and now the Royal family is not only covering up the fact that they had the woman killed, but they're also hiding the fact that Malodorous and Beelzebub fucked up their initial plans to infect her with the AIDS virus.

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
17-12-2012, 01:08 PM
(17-12-2012 11:03 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
Oh HEEEEERE we go...

It seems obvious to me that the Royal family had her killed because the two DJ's who, unbeknownst to the general public, were using a mask of humor to cleverly disguise their intention of seeking confidential information from the nurse regarding the U.S. cover-up of 9/11. The nurse to whom the call was transfered is in league with British intelligence agencies who, some years ago, were payed off by an Islamic regime of lizard-men - an elite inter-planetary group based just behind the Andromeda gallaxy (in relation to Earth). George W. Bush was a member of this group (now retired) and was tasked by the regime to see the U.S. through the 9/11 era. The nurse who ultimately gave away the classified government/planetary information in the secret code of "morning sickness" (a fabricated medical condition invented by the government to make women seem crazy) had, in doing so, sparked the next era of inter-planetary war between the reptilians and the Human race. The woman who transfered the call had inadvertently become privy to this master plan when she overheard a discussion between the nurse and Elvis Presley; who was in the guise of a doctor at the hospital. Knowing that she would certainly reveal this trechery for all the world to see, the Royal family summoned Malodorous and Beelzebub - disguised as two traveling scientologists - to enter the woman's home and infect her with a fast-acting strain of the government-manufactured AIDS virus.

But, somewhere in the struggle, the attempt at infection was botched and they opted to make it look as though she hung herself. They succeeded, and now the Royal family is not only covering up the fact that they had the woman killed, but they're also hiding the fact that Malodorous and Beelzebub fucked up their initial plans to infect her with the AIDS virus.

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Now that you've exposed it, you'd better watch your back. It may already be too late. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-12-2012, 01:18 PM
I think the point to be made is that while the DJs are not at fault for someone committing suicide, they are at fault for doing things like pranking people. Pranking someone is intended to humiliate them for a laugh. To cause others to laugh at the resulting shame of someone else. And shame is really terrible on the person experiencing it. Couple that with doing it to someone you don't know, who may be going through a tough time, who could be one strike away from losing their job, who is emotionally unstable, and you get a recipe for disaster. Pranking random strangers for fun is equivalent to bullying in my mind.

So the DJs don't deserve credit for her suicide, but they do deserve credit for humiliating her, and if that contributed to her suicide, well...then I suppose they do deserve the same amount of blame that every bully gets for doing the same thing.

It is important to note that when you prank your friends, even then you have boundaries. There are somethings you just don't do, and even more importantly, there are time you just don't do it. You have some insight into your friends personal life. You can gauge their emotional state. You can predict in some way how they may react. You can also be there to apologize if it doesn't go the way you anticipate. I hope no one here would ever think it okay to prank a friend who is deeply depressed from some life tragedy. So, when you prank strangers, how can you be certain they are not fresh off of something similar?

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post