Another school shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: Another school shooting.
(02-10-2015 09:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Here's a link.

Way to make Muffsy look reasonable and sensible.

Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-10-2015, 09:44 AM
(02-10-2015 09:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:08 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I certainly wouldn't say "you're about to meet god" however I wouldn't shoot a bunch of people either.

I would like to be able to read what he wrote. I'm Very curious.

I read the 4chan thread last night. Effed up. Especially how much encouragement he got.

I haven't seen the news, did they confirm that 4Chan thing was him?

My older son saw it (the archive -- a friend told him about it and said he was in that thread and felt terrible). Son said that kind of shit is common, most people take it as a joke.

I also read somewhere last night he had a blog that mentioned how everyone remembers the names of shooters...I wish NO ONE would ever mention his name again. I know it won't happen but it would be nice if I never had to see his face.

Did he not make the correlation that the shooters in most cases are all dead?

Or is this a way to cull this behavior? Don't mention the killer, mention endlessly the victim...

While I'll admit I'm curious about the shooter, I don't really need to know his name, police seemed to have tracked him down -- I did hear something on the radio about how the police found his residence or something...

All I know is that I'd really like to know why he chose that school. Did he actually live in the area and were the earlier reports wrong? I don't want to think that people died because that dude just got tired of driving (or whatever)...

I also don't want to think about how my own son goes to a community college -- and how it could have been his school.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-10-2015, 09:45 AM
(02-10-2015 09:30 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  That thread encouraging him is the most fucked up thing I have ever seen in my life. Those people should be charged with something if possible. And why wouldn't ANY of them tell the police...so fucked up.

I'm guessing ... because they didn't take him seriously.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-10-2015, 09:48 AM
(02-10-2015 09:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I read the 4chan thread last night. Effed up. Especially how much encouragement he got.

I haven't seen the news, did they confirm that 4Chan thing was him?

My older son saw it (the archive -- a friend told him about it and said he was in that thread and felt terrible). Son said that kind of shit is common, most people take it as a joke.

I also read somewhere last night he had a blog that mentioned how everyone remembers the names of shooters...I wish NO ONE would ever mention his name again. I know it won't happen but it would be nice if I never had to see his face.

Or is this a way to cull this behavior? Don't mention the killer, mention endlessly the victim...

While I'll admit I'm curious about the shooter, I don't really need to know his name, police seemed to have tracked him down -- I did hear something on the radio about how the police found his residence or something...

All I know is that I'd really like to know why he chose that school. Did he actually live in the area and were the earlier reports wrong? I don't want to think that people died because that dude just got tired of driving (or whatever)...

I also don't want to think about how my own son goes to a community college -- and how it could have been his school.

On the local news they said he lived with his mom across the street from the college.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-10-2015, 09:50 AM
(02-10-2015 09:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm guessing ... because they didn't take him seriously.

What about the ones recommending which weapons to use, or telling him how to do it??? You're probably generally right, though. Not excusable IMO.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
02-10-2015, 09:52 AM
(02-10-2015 09:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I haven't seen the news, did they confirm that 4Chan thing was him?

On the local news they said he lived with his mom across the street from the college.

Oh wow I hadn't heard that...last I heard (yesterday) was that he was from the midwest and had no connection to the area..which really didn't make sense because it's not a well-traveled area...

Thank you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-10-2015, 09:53 AM
(02-10-2015 09:50 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm guessing ... because they didn't take him seriously.

What about the ones recommending which weapons to use, or telling him how to do it??? You're probably generally right, though. Not excusable IMO.

Yup. Freedom of expression can be a killer.

Wink

02-10-2015, 09:53 AM
(02-10-2015 09:50 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  

Does American law say anything about free speech and inciting people to violence? If not... there ain't a lot can be done. Even if there is... it'd probably be a hard case to make.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-10-2015, 09:54 AM
(02-10-2015 09:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  On the local news they said he lived with his mom across the street from the college.

Oh wow I hadn't heard that...last I heard (yesterday) was that he was from the midwest and had no connection to the area..which really didn't make sense because it's not a well-traveled area...

Thank you.

There's a good article (very well-written IMO) in the Washington Post. I'll fish out a link.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-10-2015, 09:54 AM
(02-10-2015 09:36 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:30 AM)kim Wrote:  In these shoes... I don't think so.
What part of hell-hole do you not get?

Ok, sec.

[Image: zXaCg9X.png]
[Image: IIuqqkp.png]
[Image: PsKNpVZ.png]
[Image: 5SlLv6G.png]

Mmm. Well actually, to me ... that wasn't really all that bad. Yea, jaded is my new black. Dodgy

A big tell - he already had a focus territory. Specifics signify a ramping up.

I left that 4chan cesspool years ago. Idiots are easily confused into stupid shit.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post