Another school shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Another school shooting.
(02-10-2015 09:50 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm guessing ... because they didn't take him seriously.

What about the ones recommending which weapons to use, or telling him how to do it??? You're probably generally right, though. Not excusable IMO.

It's not excusable because we know what happened. But if nothing happened, it wouldn't be a thing.

It's hard to gage intent on an internet forum. Even this one.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-10-2015, 09:58 AM
(02-10-2015 09:55 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:50 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  What about the ones recommending which weapons to use, or telling him how to do it??? You're probably generally right, though. Not excusable IMO.

It's not excusable because we know what happened. But if nothing happened, it wouldn't be a thing.

It's hard to gage intent on an internet forum. Even this one.

This. Hindsight is 20/20.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
02-10-2015, 09:58 AM
(02-10-2015 09:30 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  That thread encouraging him is the most fucked up thing I have ever seen in my life. Those people should be charged with something if possible. And why wouldn't ANY of them tell the police...so fucked up.

For shit on 4chan? Are you fucking serious?

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 10:04 AM
(02-10-2015 09:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  On the local news they said he lived with his mom across the street from the college.

Oh wow I hadn't heard that...last I heard (yesterday) was that he was from the midwest and had no connection to the area..which really didn't make sense because it's not a well-traveled area...

Thank you.

I don't know if it's true - local news are always interesting with this sort of thing. They have a lot more info than the nationals, because they know people there and people talk to them. You get a bunch of info you don't get nationally, but not all of it is true or verified. It's more like gossip.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-10-2015, 10:07 AM
(02-10-2015 10:04 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh wow I hadn't heard that...last I heard (yesterday) was that he was from the midwest and had no connection to the area..which really didn't make sense because it's not a well-traveled area...

Thank you.

I don't know if it's true - local news are always interesting with this sort of thing. They have a lot more info than the nationals, because they know people there and people talk to them. You get a bunch of info you don't get nationally, but not all of it is true or verified. It's more like gossip.

This whole thing has been a cluster since it started. The number of dead kept jumping around, but the injured remained rather steady...

The whole where he lived and what he said....I dunno...I went to bed feeling so sick. I couldn't think about it anymore.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-10-2015, 10:10 AM
(02-10-2015 10:07 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 10:04 AM)Dom Wrote:  I don't know if it's true - local news are always interesting with this sort of thing. They have a lot more info than the nationals, because they know people there and people talk to them. You get a bunch of info you don't get nationally, but not all of it is true or verified. It's more like gossip.

This whole thing has been a cluster since it started. The number of dead kept jumping around, but the injured remained rather steady...

The whole where he lived and what he said....I dunno...I went to bed feeling so sick. I couldn't think about it anymore.

Yeah, this one is bothering me pretty badly, but not as badly as the reporters one. That one really messed with me.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-10-2015, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 11:01 AM by DLJ.)
(02-10-2015 10:24 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Well a few mods have warned not to post about guns in this thread.

Yup. Indeed. Going to close this for a few mins to split it.

Back soon

Other thread here

Thread split as requested.

Please try to keep this one for Incident-related information rather that 'root cause'.

Thanks for your patience.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-10-2015, 11:04 AM
The split took away half the thread Tongue. So when you guys split, you actually go post by post and choose which thread to move the post to? I hope you have a tool that makes this easy Smile.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
02-10-2015, 11:06 AM
And, as has been said, The people in 4chan were probably "joking around" In dudebroOnlineChatGamer culture it's pretty common to see/hear vulgar conversations about killing people or doing other terrible acts. Sad but true.

For instance: People have "threatened" to molest my mother at least 10 times on Starcraft alone.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-10-2015, 11:08 AM
(02-10-2015 11:04 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  The split took away half the thread Tongue. So when you guys split, you actually go post by post and choose which thread to move the post to? I hope you have a tool that makes this easy Smile.

Nope. It's manual.

I remember having to do it for the 'Pictures For Laughing At Religion' thread.

It took a whole lunch-time (when I was supposed to be schmoozing with my students / clients) in my a hotel room with painful connection speed.

Have a guess how much thanks I got for that?

Yup. You're right.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post