Another school shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: Another school shooting.
(02-10-2015 02:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 01:02 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Nope.

That almost doesn't compute.

Prolly 'cause you're sane. Undecided

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 03:05 PM
(02-10-2015 03:04 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 02:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That almost doesn't compute.

Prolly 'cause you're sane. Undecided

I wuz gonna say "You should try it sometime" but then I decided I'll try insanity first Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2015, 05:08 PM
What gets me -- is regardless of how many times these horrors happen --

The media just keeps on muck-raking.

The Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin gets my vote as the smartest guy in the whole mess -- for refusing to even say the gunman's name.

Why give these fucking sickos what they want -- fame?

Sheriff Hanlin deserves kudos... He knows why these bastards do what they do, and he's not going to reward them.

Good on him....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
02-10-2015, 05:27 PM
(02-10-2015 05:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What gets me -- is regardless of how many times these horrors happen --

The media just keeps on muck-raking.

The Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin gets my vote as the smartest guy in the whole mess -- for refusing to even say the gunman's name.

Why give these fucking sickos what they want -- fame?

Sheriff Hanlin deserves kudos... He knows why these bastards do what they do, and he's not going to reward them.

Good on him....

I'm not sure if I posted it here, but the guy had a blog, where he wrote about everyone knows the name of the killers.

He said in the blog (if it was indeed his) the shooters went from obscurity to everyone knowing them. I think he equated the notoriety to some sort of instant fame.

This whole reality star culture we live in, where people become famous for nothing, might be an extension of this?

I don't know, I hate blaming things...but there are people who seem to chase fame.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Oregon State Police have said the Shooter was enrolled in the class he shot up. Waiting for more sources to 100% confirm but

http://www.wilx.com/topstories/headlines...LX_News_10

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Does anyone have any data on mass shootings that happened in the past...like a few decades ago? I am wondering if there is a huge increase in actual numbers or if it seems that way due to instant and intense news coverage and the spread of info.

It just seems like these things didn't happen when I was in school, and it wasn't because of a lack of means.

Are people crazier now? Is it the lack of mental health care? Are people just not paying attention to changing behavior in people around them?

I must say that I agree with metal detectors at schools.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
02-10-2015, 05:49 PM
(02-10-2015 05:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 05:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin gets my vote as the smartest guy in the whole mess -- for refusing to even say the gunman's name.

I'm not sure if I posted it here, but the guy had a blog, where he wrote about everyone knows the name of the killers.

I agree with the biker and even CNN and FOX (I think) are refusing to name the killer. But there's a video out there where Oath Keeper Sheriff insinuated the victims of Sandy Hook's parents were actors. The video was removed today but Ima gonna find it. Idiot gets to experience his idiocy up close and personal. Karma, it's a bitch.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-10-2015, 06:19 PM
(02-10-2015 05:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Does anyone have any data on mass shootings that happened in the past...like a few decades ago? I am wondering if there is a huge increase in actual numbers or if it seems that way due to instant and intense news coverage and the spread of info.

It just seems like these things didn't happen when I was in school, and it wasn't because of a lack of means.

Are people crazier now? Is it the lack of mental health care? Are people just not paying attention to changing behavior in people around them?

Way back in college, I remember reading the deadliest time for city dwellers was during the 1920s -- as far as mass killings were concerned.

I know gun violence was said to have dropped in the early 2000s.

I don't think it's media coverage of the events that has changed...they kinda deserve attention -- especially schools because they're supposed to be safe places (rather like churches or libraries). So I doubt it's not like they didn't happen but it's possible if you might have missed the story years ago...the news was an hour long...that's why we also had morning and evening newspapers.

I really think we do have a mental health crisis. So many managed care groups or HMOs make people jump through hoops....

I never used to agree with metal detectors in schools...but I do now...but they're only effective if used at every possible entrance or exit.

02-10-2015, 06:21 PM
(02-10-2015 05:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 05:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm not sure if I posted it here, but the guy had a blog, where he wrote about everyone knows the name of the killers.

I agree with the biker and even CNN and FOX (I think) are refusing to name the killer. But there's a video out there where Oath Keeper Sheriff insinuated the victims of Sandy Hook's parents were actors. The video was removed today but Ima gonna find it. Idiot gets to experience his idiocy up close and personal. Karma, it's a bitch.

Wow...wow. No words. Sadcryface

02-10-2015, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 06:33 PM by Anjele.)
(02-10-2015 06:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 05:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Does anyone have any data on mass shootings that happened in the past...like a few decades ago? I am wondering if there is a huge increase in actual numbers or if it seems that way due to instant and intense news coverage and the spread of info.

Way back in college, I remember reading the deadliest time for city dwellers was during the 1920s -- as far as mass killings were concerned.

I know gun violence was said to have dropped in the early 2000s.

I don't think it's media coverage of the events that has changed...they kinda deserve attention -- especially schools because they're supposed to be safe places (rather like churches or libraries). So I doubt it's not like they didn't happen but it's possible if you might have missed the story years ago...the news was an hour long...that's why we also had morning and evening newspapers.

I really think we do have a mental health crisis. So many managed care groups or HMOs make people jump through hoops....

I never used to agree with metal detectors in schools...but I do now...but they're only effective if used at every possible entrance or exit.

Media coverage didn't used to be 24/7. That's why I wonder if it isn't drilled into our consciousness more than it was back when the news was on a couple times a day and the stories weren't played over and over unless they were local or a huge national or global story.

Seems that things happened back in the day and you read about it or heard it on the news and sometimes (if it wasn't local) you didn't hear any more about it.

I absolutely agree with the mental health crisis.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF