Another school shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 02:31 PM
RE: Another school shooting.
(01-10-2015 02:27 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  They have confirmed 13. Also confirmed shooter is dead.

*edit* or not. This is confusing.

It definitely goes that when during shootings with info and reports. From the outside and inside the situation the info is mixed around.

I remember the one I was at we at one point thought there was 2 shooters out there but it was just the 1 and he was confirmed dead, but they were still on cautious alert that caused the media reports to be confused and not understanding what was being done by the police at the moment.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 02:33 PM
(01-10-2015 02:29 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I hate this. It's like this country gets a constant flow of internal terrorism. Every once in a while I actually get scared. At first I thought this was something that happened to "backwards" (jokingly said) Southern or midwestern states. But now it's happening in Oregon and Washington where me and my fam are from. A shooting happened at the school my ex-roommate was getting his masters at a few years ago. Another shooting happened a few miles away from where my friend bought his house in Marysville. I walk past an "Umpqua Bank" everyday (I'm assuming the bank is associated to the area that today's shooting happened, but I'm not certain).

It's like a lingering reminder that we aren't really safe and we may not even at peace. In general I can suppress my discomfort, but there are times when I really worry. Will it even be safe for my future kids to attend school? What do I do if I'm in a mall or a walmart or a costco where somebody decides "Today's the day?" There isn't a good answer, and it sucks. It scares me (at times).

I have to live life day to day assuming I won't be randomly killed, otherwise I'd be a paranoid mess. These tragedies shake me though. I effing hate them.

We have to go through life with one eye on the statistics.....

Statistically - you're far more likely to die of heart disease - caused by stress from worry ----- than you'd be likely to die of a gunshot.....

You're far more likely to die of disease, or vehicular accident.

What's the answer???

Dunno... Let me know when somebody comes up with one that works. In the meantime, ya do the best ya can, with what ya got.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
01-10-2015, 02:47 PM
Okay the shooter is confirmed dead. Watching press conference. They won't confirm number of deaths.
01-10-2015, 02:48 PM
In the news stories on yahoo you can see the tweets of some people who were at the school.

I hate tearing up at work Sadcryface

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
01-10-2015, 03:01 PM
This is just so, so sad.

My dad made me start carrying pepper spray when I started having to drive an hour away for college. He was so worried the first few days, because of whackos like this.

One day we had a gun threat by a student in my art class. He was arrested long before classes began, and we were assured there was no danger and that security'd been tripled. but my dad refused to let me go that day. I wasn't going to go anyway; I'd never have thought that that kid was crazy.

It's terrifying, knowing someone who seemed normal but was that dangerous. And really, that's everywhere today.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
01-10-2015, 03:23 PM
This better not be...

Quote:Kortney Moore, 18, was in Snyder Hall when the shooter asked people to name their religion and then began firing, she told the paper.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
01-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Sadcryface

Poor kids.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
01-10-2015, 04:00 PM
(01-10-2015 03:23 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  This better not be...

Quote:Kortney Moore, 18, was in Snyder Hall when the shooter asked people to name their religion and then began firing, she told the paper.

Could be the right wing nuts are making good on their threats.
01-10-2015, 04:01 PM
I got a weird feeling when 3 different sources said the shooting began just outside and then proceeded through the science hall.

I thought, 'Who doesn't like science?' and then... 'Uh oh.'.

The shooter is dead so, this is gonna be a sticky one. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-10-2015, 04:10 PM
(01-10-2015 04:01 PM)kim Wrote:  I got a weird feeling when 3 different sources said the shooting began just outside and then proceeded through the science hall.

I thought, 'Who doesn't like science?' and then... 'Uh oh.'.

The shooter is dead so, this is gonna be a sticky one. Undecided

Apparently he wrote quite a bit at least there is that.