Another school shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 06:53 PM
RE: Another school shooting.
This is awful, and I'm not sure of the solution anymore. Always gets to me after I hear these stories, people will come out of nowhere stating that they knew the shooter and how he was 'depressed' or 'a little off,' etc. What needs to be done is people need to stop being afraid to report people to authorities if they sense that the person might be a danger to society. Or get the person help. Or something. Happens all the time, we hear how people in the shooter's life noticed problems but basically said or did nothing to help the person. I might be off base, but these are just things I've noticed with these stories.

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
01-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Why can't we just grieve the loss and not always start some political BS arguments about why it happened without even knowing what happened. What we say on a random Atheist forum is not gonna change things anyways.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
01-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Two people said he asked the students if they were Christian, if they said yes they were shot in the head, if they said no or didn't answer they were shot in the legs.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2015, 07:29 PM
(01-10-2015 07:22 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Two people said he asked the students if they were Christian, if they said yes they were shot in the head, if they said no or didn't answer they were shot in the legs.

That's just fucked up.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-10-2015, 07:29 PM
(01-10-2015 07:22 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Two people said he asked the students if they were Christian, if they said yes they were shot in the head, if they said no or didn't answer they were shot in the legs.

I read that too...I am curious as to the reasoning for that. I wonder how much information will actually come to light as to the reason and the methods chosen.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
01-10-2015, 07:39 PM
I was bummed out and noticeably sad all day because of this so I left work early. I ran into my mom on the bus and we talked (she actually didn't even know it happened) and it made me feel better. She's a general practice lawyer (who grew up in Oregon, btw), so she has dealt with pretty much every type of case, and that informs her opinions on violence and guns.

What is interesting is that she and I had never talked about this stuff before (shootings, gun control) nor has she raised me to have any particular views on those matters. But she and I basically have the same opinions on these things. Pretty cool Smile.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
01-10-2015, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 08:19 PM by ClydeLee.)
(01-10-2015 07:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

That's just fucked up.

I believe that's pretty much what the columbine kids were doing when they were shooting fellow students in their library. (Thinking of it again, maybe that wasn't reported from reality but I'm only thinking it was the case because of the movie, Elephant)

Hewyoods basically again trying to derail a thread to complain about his view of how things should exist & being the typical troll of ignoring direct responses again.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-10-2015, 08:18 PM
So here he is.

[Image: chris-harper-mercer-ucc-shooter-lead1.jpg?w=600]

[Image: mercer-2.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
01-10-2015, 08:28 PM
I don't even care about discussing guns and mental health right now. All I can say is, "What the fuck is wrong with people to want to do this in the first place."

I feel so sorry for the victims and their families. One day you're getting education and trying to better your life, and the next thing you know, some piece of crap shoots the place up. What the hell is wrong with people? Fuck dude.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
01-10-2015, 08:28 PM
(01-10-2015 08:18 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So here he is.

[Image: chris-harper-mercer-ucc-shooter-lead1.jpg?w=600]

[Image: mercer-2.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780]

If Obama had a son.....he'd look like that. Just sayin.

I'm kidding of course.