Another school shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: Another school shooting.
(01-10-2015 08:18 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So here he is.

[Image: chris-harper-mercer-ucc-shooter-lead1.jpg?w=600]

[Image: mercer-2.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780]

Have they said anything about motive? I stopped watching, too depressed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 09:53 PM

[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
01-10-2015, 10:13 PM
One of the dislikes on one of his online profiles was that he despised organized religion.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Oregon has had 5 mass shootings since 1998. Sad
01-10-2015, 10:50 PM
(01-10-2015 10:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This topic has morphed into yet another gun debate.

If you want to debate guns take it to a different thread....as we have already had enough of them. Or even start a new thread -- I suggest you go to the politics section.

A school shooting is tragic. Period. People should be able to discuss the facts in the case as they become available.

I take the blame, my apologies.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
01-10-2015, 10:57 PM
(01-10-2015 10:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This topic has morphed into yet another gun debate.

If you want to debate guns take it to a different thread....as we have already had enough of them. Or even start a new thread -- I suggest you go to the politics section.

A school shooting is tragic. Period. People should be able to discuss the facts in the case as they become available.

I take the blame, my apologies.

I'm not blaming anyone. Smile Really. It was bound to happen -- it's a button topic. It just doesn't really belong here.

What is currently grinding my gears about this whole shooting, is what someone posted on Facebook who implied the shooter was likely atheist because we all hate Christians.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-10-2015, 10:59 PM
(01-10-2015 10:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I take the blame, my apologies.

I'm not blaming anyone. Smile Really. It was bound to happen -- it's a button topic. It just doesn't really belong here.

What is currently grinding my gears about this whole shooting, is what someone posted on Facebook who implied the shooter was likely atheist because we all hate Christians.

I know you are not blaming anyone but my reply to Rev is what kind of kicked it off so and yeah, we don't know a lot about the guy yet, no point in making judgements or what have you until more is known.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
01-10-2015, 11:01 PM
(01-10-2015 10:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I take the blame, my apologies.

Muslim is the descriptor being pasted across my facebook wall.

'Murican Canadian
01-10-2015, 11:06 PM
(01-10-2015 10:59 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm not blaming anyone. Smile Really. It was bound to happen -- it's a button topic. It just doesn't really belong here.

I know you are not blaming anyone but my reply to Rev is what kind of kicked it off so and yeah, we don't know a lot about the guy yet, no point in making judgements or what have you until more is known.

Thanks for understanding.

(01-10-2015 11:01 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm not blaming anyone. Smile Really. It was bound to happen -- it's a button topic. It just doesn't really belong here.

I don't want any group getting blamed until we know all the facts.

I think the atheist comments I've read was due to some article about that amoung Harvard students, atheism is up. We're gaining momentum and that makes people nervous.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-10-2015, 11:07 PM
(01-10-2015 11:01 PM)yakherder Wrote:  

Well he isn't white and apparently mixed race.. that's code for Muslim.

On some other forum I saw someone post a picture allegedly from his myspace or some profile page, idk if it's legit for sure. It listed him with normal things like from college and not religious, but spiritual... typical college comment.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson